U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2019, 02:27 PM
 
21 posts, read 19,053 times
Reputation: 42

Advertisements

My next door neighbor recently switched to AT&T for high speed internet. After having a temporary line for several months, I came back home and found out that their contractor who buried the line did so mostly on my property. He sliced right through my nearly perfect bermuda lawn with a rather large machine while not taking the time to try and reset the grass.

I have opened a complaint against AT&T for damages. There are no easements in this area and I did not grant any. I don't like the idea of having the neighbor's line on my property. I am not upset with my neighbor, just AT&T.

BTW, it is not easy dealing with AT&T when you are not their customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2019, 02:35 PM
 
5,635 posts, read 4,074,269 times
Reputation: 4859
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadvr View Post
My next door neighbor recently switched to AT&T for high speed internet. After having a temporary line for several months, I came back home and found out that their contractor who buried the line did so mostly on my property. He sliced right through my nearly perfect bermuda lawn with a rather large machine while not taking the time to try and reset the grass.

I have opened a complaint against AT&T for damages. There are no easements in this area and I did not grant any. I don't like the idea of having the neighbor's line on my property. I am not upset with my neighbor, just AT&T.

BTW, it is not easy dealing with AT&T when you are not their customer.
I'm sure they'll make it right. It's not like any other companies are any different. The guy getting paid 15 dollars an hour doesn't care, regardless of what company he works for.

Do you know where the lot markers are so you can prove it? Also keep in mind the first several feet from the road is not your property.

Last edited by m378; 10-17-2019 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 03:06 PM
 
21 posts, read 19,053 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I'm sure they'll make it right. It's not like any other companies are any different. The guy getting paid 15 dollars an hour doesn't care, regardless of what company he works for.

Do you know where the lot markers are so you can prove it? Also keep in mind the first several feet from the road is not your property.
I know where my property lines are, within a foot or so. I am also aware that the Town of Apex owns the first 10 feet and there is an additional 5 foot utility easement beyond that running parallel to the street. Where this installation was done goes way outside the easement, but it was easier for their installer so he did just that.

I won't let this ride. Maybe if I and others made it clear to AT&T by seeking damages they will be more careful in how they and their contractors work around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 03:14 PM
 
20 posts, read 5,808 times
Reputation: 30
It's not easy dealing with AT&T even when you are a customer. We need more internet providers in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 03:18 PM
 
5,635 posts, read 4,074,269 times
Reputation: 4859
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN56T View Post
It's not easy dealing with AT&T even when you are a customer. We need more internet providers in this area.
We have more internet providers and better service than probably most of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Morrisville, NC
8,088 posts, read 11,185,223 times
Reputation: 7366
Try these guys. https://www.ncuc.net/ AT&T has to listen to them, and they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 03:40 PM
 
777 posts, read 276,647 times
Reputation: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
We have more internet providers and better service than probably most of the country.

Ummmm, really?


More/Better than New Mexico? Sure


Compared to the other technology/population centers in the country, I would have to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 04:00 PM
 
21 posts, read 19,053 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Try these guys. https://www.ncuc.net/ AT&T has to listen to them, and they will.
Thanks for this. Will contact them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 04:22 PM
 
Location: It's in the name!
5,947 posts, read 7,096,246 times
Reputation: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Ummmm, really?


More/Better than New Mexico? Sure


Compared to the other technology/population centers in the country, I would have to disagree.
We have three where I live. Verizon FIOS (940 mbps max), Comcast Xfinity (200 mbps max), and Hughes Net (25 mbps max).

Allconnect.com says Raleigh has AT&T (1000 mbps max), Spectrum (300 mbps max), and Hughes Net (25 mbps max).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2019, 04:38 PM
 
777 posts, read 276,647 times
Reputation: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
We have three where I live. Verizon FIOS (940 mbps max), Comcast Xfinity (200 mbps max), and Hughes Net (25 mbps max).

Allconnect.com says Raleigh has AT&T (1000 mbps max), Spectrum (300 mbps max), and Hughes Net (25 mbps max).
Of those only Spectrum where I live.

Well, check that, I guess Hughes could be here in Wake Forest too, but anything under 100 Mbps I really wouldn’t consider high speed by modern utilization.

I thought Comcast was barred from NC? Is it only their X1 offering that is?

I guess I shouldn’t have moved way out into the sticks is the moral of the story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top