U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2019, 09:24 PM
ERH
 
Location: Raleigh-Durham, NC
1,250 posts, read 1,719,946 times
Reputation: 2367

Advertisements

I will always recommend the Oxxford Hunt and Trappers Run neighborhoods. Homes there usually go fast, so you really have to stay on top of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2019, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
68 posts, read 36,575 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
^ second this. Thinking Northwoods, near intersection of Maynard and Harrison. Older established neighborhood with modest sized homes in OP's budget.... with trees. Can walk to DT Cary, greenways and trails everywhere (given in Cary generally), 5 minutes to Weston office area. Bonus = ground zero for "grocery wars"; Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Aldis, and New Lidl right there at Maynard Harrison intersection. Second Bonus... some of the best ethnic eateries around (Bosphorus, Noodle Blvd, Everest Nepali Cafe).
This is great feedback, thank you!

How would DT Cary compare to something in Apex, price being equal? Distance from Apex would be a downside, I imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2019, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
68 posts, read 36,575 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I will always recommend the Oxxford Hunt and Trappers Run neighborhoods. Homes there usually go fast, so you really have to stay on top of things.
Thank you! YES. Honestly, I'd love to live near Bond Park, if we could snag a good property in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 05:41 AM
 
5,437 posts, read 15,617,960 times
Reputation: 4125
I've always liked the Weston Point subdivision. It's at the corner of Cary Parkway and Norwell. It is right across the street from North Cary Park, which gets you access to the Black Creek Greenway, including all of Crabtree and Umstead. I believe that houses may be $375K and up though. I do not know about gas access, but you could always do like I did and install propane for kitchen range. The neighborhood is close to the airport, but the last time I checked, the flights do not take off or land over it. Your husband may even be able to walk or bike to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 06:49 AM
 
Location: under the beautiful Carolina blue
17,360 posts, read 26,685,459 times
Reputation: 13339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo71 View Post
This is great feedback, thank you!

How would DT Cary compare to something in Apex, price being equal? Distance from Apex would be a downside, I imagine.
DT Cary = less subdivision-y
Apex - has spread westward since you lived here. You can get a house in Apex in your price range for sure. Not an easy commute to Weston though...simply because there’s no really direct route to get there.

I’ll throw out Park Village in Cary as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 07:17 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
980 posts, read 1,618,485 times
Reputation: 1092
That whole area around Trinity Road / Reedy creek would be super convenient and could give you the yard you want. Older homes though that may need a little TLC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
68 posts, read 36,575 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I've always liked the Weston Point subdivision. It's at the corner of Cary Parkway and Norwell. It is right across the street from North Cary Park, which gets you access to the Black Creek Greenway, including all of Crabtree and Umstead. I believe that houses may be $375K and up though. I do not know about gas access, but you could always do like I did and install propane for kitchen range. The neighborhood is close to the airport, but the last time I checked, the flights do not take off or land over it. Your husband may even be able to walk or bike to work.
Thank you for that suggestion! My husband and I are both looking forward to getting some good bicycling in during this next chapter of our lives. Weston Pointe is probably out of our price range, but we'll drive around the area and see what we find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
68 posts, read 36,575 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
DT Cary = less subdivision-y
Apex - has spread westward since you lived here. You can get a house in Apex in your price range for sure. Not an easy commute to Weston though...simply because there’s no really direct route to get there.

I’ll throw out Park Village in Cary as well.
Thanks, @Twingles! I'd forgotten about Park Village. And I appreciate your feedback on the commute from Apex. We are trying to avoid that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2019, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
68 posts, read 36,575 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
That whole area around Trinity Road / Reedy creek would be super convenient and could give you the yard you want. Older homes though that may need a little TLC.
Thanks, @DJKB. I'm not familiar with that area. We'll check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:20 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top