U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 05:55 AM

7,008 posts, read 8,347,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post

(just in case you are tricking us and that's Domino's or something, I also eat Domino's)
I lived on Domino’s for a few years. No problem eating it still
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 06:56 AM

1,343 posts, read 841,808 times
Although most New Yorkers claim to know what "great" pizza is, once you're in good territory with ingredients and it being cooked well, it's largely personal taste.

After a lifetime of NY style regular pies, I do like a good Sicilian which I have yet to find here, or other non traditional slices like the chicken bacon ranch slice from Brothers of NY pizza in Cary.

The only time I've eaten pizza with a knife and fork was when I was dressed up for work and had a particularly greasy or messy slice. And I did so in a dark corner so I wouldn't be recognized.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:55 AM

5,981 posts, read 9,075,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post

After a lifetime of NY style regular pies, I do like a good Sicilian which I have yet to find here, or other non traditional slices like the chicken bacon ranch slice from Brothers of NY pizza in Cary.
I hear that Ricci's in Cary has great Sicilian - I haven't tried it yet but love that place for other things.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:04 AM

1,427 posts, read 764,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We finally got to Alex & Teresa's in Cary last night for pizza.

We loved it. Fresh mozzarella, made in house. More Italian spoken than English.

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...231222783.html
That's the I was talking about, forgot the name

Old 10-27-2019, 12:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 59,614,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
That's the I was talking about, forgot the name

We got there just before 5:00. A party of six left and we were the only ones there.
I said to wife, "Jeeze... empty."

But the folks were hustling to add tablecloths on all the tables, getting ready for dinner. I figured they knew something we didn't.
And, people started coming. BYOB, temporarily, so several carried wine or beer in.
By the time we finished our pizza, paid and took a couple of slices in a box, our table was the only open one in the place.

We'll be back. Early...

Old 10-27-2019, 08:10 PM

36 posts, read 19,949 times
I ate at DiFara's in Brooklyn maybe 10 years ago and it was REALLY good! Dominic (owner) would snip basil on and do a finishing drizzle of olive oil on top. Totally run-down but fantastic pies. So sure I'm excited to see what his nephew can do. And while we do have some really good pizza in the Triangle now, another really good one couldn't hurt. I'm a big fan of Randy's RTP, Oakwood Pizza Box, Mercato Pizza in Carrboro and some others. Oakwood Pizza Box is run by Anthony Guerra who's family had the first Neapolitan pizza joint in the area, Bella Mia. So his standards are hi.

Oakwood pizza box pies photo

But yes, we could use some more Sicilian, deep-dish, Detroit-style and more....

Last edited by RonboNC; 10-27-2019 at 08:37 PM..

Old 10-27-2019, 08:16 PM

5,629 posts, read 4,067,623 times
Yeah I'm gonna need a LOT more cheese than that.

Old 10-27-2019, 08:23 PM

4,086 posts, read 2,797,793 times
I had to google "Detroit Style Pizza"......

It's pan pizza....but rectangular. Learned something new today.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:46 AM

1,407 posts, read 1,321,918 times

Randy's RTP is good but if you haven't tried it yet, hit up Hutchins Garage in Durham

Trophy Brewing also has some good pizza

Old 10-28-2019, 04:31 AM

1,343 posts, read 841,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
I hear that Ricci's in Cary has great Sicilian - I haven't tried it yet but love that place for other things.

Riccis is the same spot as our favorite ice cream spot in Cary (Andias). We may have to plan a field trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

We'll be back. Early...

My parents joke that I'm old before my time because we routinely make reservations for the earliest seating when we go out. I need time to digest before bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I had to google "Detroit Style Pizza"......

It's pan pizza....but rectangular. Learned something new today.

I've heard of NY style and Chicago style all my life but now I think Detroit is just jumping on a bandwagon lol Although if I'm in a position too, I would try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or