U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 10:39 PM

4,736 posts, read 3,139,292 times

Advertisements

Galleria Umberto is my favorite Boston pizza place coming in at #26
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 06:49 PM

1,406 posts, read 754,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonboNC View Post
Typically, Di Fara's in the top 20 or so for national lists but it used to be at the top. But they haven't changed much over the years so others have caught up. In NYC there's so much good pizza but I've done Totonno's, Motorino, Prince Street, which are also really good. Daily Meal has a really good, top 101 pizza list

Again, notice how you've got a couple of New Haven pizzerias near the top. Connecticut has a large Italian population so yeah, they've got some killer pizza too!
Great list and photos, about a third of them look completely unappealing while a third or so look really good.

From the pictures anyway Di Fara seems somewhere in the middle. #6, 25, 38, 3 are more to my liking, some like 70, 56, 49, 48, 42 look pretty scary, 31 looks like a dog's breakfast, 27, 26, 9, 4 just awful. IMNSHO.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:29 PM

17,309 posts, read 26,631,930 times
#77 and #66 (particularly 66) are considered the gold standard on LI.

Old 10-30-2019, 07:52 PM

5,975 posts, read 9,065,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonboNC View Post

Again, notice how you've got a couple of New Haven pizzerias near the top. Connecticut has a large Italian population so yeah, they've got some killer pizza too!
Thanks for that list and I would like to try all the pizzas, please. I feel like New Haven would be my favorite.

Also I forgot there's a little documentary about Dom DeMarco that's quite good:

Quote:
Hailed as the “godfather of Brooklyn pizza,” for forty five years Domenico DeMarco, Italian émigré and father of seven, has been slinging pizzas in his legendary corner shop, Di Fara. Employing five of his children, Dom works tirelessly from morning until night hand crafting each and every pizza himself while his kids take orders and manage the mob of devoted pizza aficionados. The Best Thing I Ever Done is a portrait of DeMarco and his beloved pizzeria, an exploration of his rise to fame and an ode to pizzaioli who take their time to 'make it right.'
https://vimeo.com/16077855
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or