U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2019, 04:22 PM

200 posts, read 237,198 times

Advertisements

Hi guys. I've been in the triangle for about 6 years but have had some recent terrible experiences with my current dentist. I need to move onto someone else.

I have a hereditary dental condition (dentinogenesis imperfecta) and I need a dentist who is thorough, honest and really cares about his/her patients
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 05:19 PM

4,978 posts, read 2,019,560 times
https://www.facebook.com/w.stan.hardesty.dds/

Old 10-30-2019, 05:26 PM

3,170 posts, read 2,191,814 times
I will defer to the locals familiar with dentists within the Triangle to give you specific recommendations, but one useful resource throughout the state allows you to confirm whether there have been any disciplinary actions against whatever dentist you're considering. You can look that information up here:

North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners

I wish you the best with your situation.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:28 AM

3,262 posts, read 5,373,348 times
We've been using Brian Glover on Lynn Road forever, he's been great. Very honest, very practical and when we needed it, financially flexible.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:57 AM

15,456 posts, read 19,663,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
We've been using Brian Glover on Lynn Road forever, he's been great. Very honest, very practical and when we needed it, financially flexible.
I'd agree with the recommendation of Brian Glover with one caveat. Earlier this year We tried to get an appointment with a hygienist for a cleaning and found out that the first available appointment was five months out! Plan accordingly.

I had an acquaintance with DI so I'm slightly aware of its challenges and rarity. I did a little googling(I hope you don't mind the intrusion). Dr John Wilson of Wilson Dental Arts in Raleigh has a dental lab that had done work with dentists who treat DI. You might consider calling him for a recommendation. Calling the dental school at UNC-Chapel Hill might provide some resources as well.

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 10-31-2019 at 09:20 AM..

Old 10-31-2019, 09:15 AM

10,578 posts, read 5,539,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnb View Post
Hi guys. I've been in the triangle for about 6 years but have had some recent terrible experiences with my current dentist. I need to move onto someone else.

I have a hereditary dental condition (dentinogenesis imperfecta) and I need a dentist who is thorough, honest and really cares about his/her patients
Where in the Triangle?

Old 10-31-2019, 09:24 AM

200 posts, read 237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'd agree with the recommendation of Brian Glover with one caveat. Earlier this year We tried to get an appointment with a hygienist for a cleaning and found out that the first available appointment was five months out! Plan accordingly.

I had an acquaintance with DI so I'm slightly aware of its challenges and rarity. I did a little googling(I hope you don't mind the intrusion). Dr John Wilson of Wilson Dental Arts in Raleigh has a dental lab that had done work with dentists who treat DI. You might consider calling him for a recommendation. Calling the dental school at UNC-Chapel Hill might provide some resources as well.
Thanks so much! I don't mind at all. It's really hard to find people familiar with DI so I really appreciate it. I will look into those options as well.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:33 AM

4,740 posts, read 3,145,823 times
I've used a combination of two offices - Stansell Dentistry in Brier Creek and Wainright and Wassel off Falls of Neuse in North Raleigh and I've had positive experiences at both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or