U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 11:57 AM

939 posts, read 1,480,243 times

Advertisements

How close do you want to be to shops? Do you want walking distance (and what do you consider walking distance?) Or is a close drive what you're after (and how close is close enough?) What kind of shops do you want to be close to? Bars/Restaurants? Groceries? Target? Clothing?

What about the age of the complex? Would you consider one from the 70s or 80s if it could save you some money? How about a complex from the 90s or 2000s? Are you only interested in something less than 10 years old? Or perhaps even hoping for something that's brand new?

Do you have kids? Do schools matter to you?

Is being on a greenway important to you so that you can easily and safely bike to work? Would you like to be walking distance from work? What about parks?

Do you want to be closer to an interstate (for convenience) or further (for noise?) How much does aircraft noise bother you?

I'm happy to give suggestions based on factors like the above, but I won't research price points for you. Regardless, there are more apartments in this area than in any other part of Cary/Morrisville, across a wide variety of price points, so you certainly have plenty to choose from. In particular there are oodles of complexes clustered around Park West.

I would just look at a map, and start there.

For whatever reason a month or two ago, I decided to compile a google map of all the apartments in this part of town and their unit counts. It covers most places within a few miles in every direction but is not exhaustive.

Don't ask me why I did this. I was bored. Here is the map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XB..._P&usp=sharing

Last edited by orulz; 11-07-2019 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 12:04 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,894,034 times
there are apartment complex all over that area. Arboretum and Park west are developments that are mixed use that are are close by. But there are complexes on evans/cary pkwy as well.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:37 PM

40 posts, read 32,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
How close do you want to be to shops? Do you want walking distance (and what do you consider walking distance?) Or is a close drive what you're after (and how close is close enough?) What kind of shops do you want to be close to? Bars/Restaurants? Groceries? Target? Clothing?

What about the age of the complex? Would you consider one from the 70s or 80s if it could save you some money? How about a complex from the 90s or 2000s? Are you only interested in something less than 10 years old? Or perhaps even hoping for something that's brand new?

Do you have kids? Do schools matter to you?

Is being on a greenway important to you so that you can easily and safely bike to work? Would you like to be walking distance from work? What about parks?

Do you want to be closer to an interstate (for convenience) or further (for noise?) How much does aircraft noise bother you?

I'm happy to give suggestions based on factors like the above, but I won't research price points for you. Regardless, there are more apartments in this area than in any other part of Cary/Morrisville, across a wide variety of price points, so you certainly have plenty to choose from. In particular there are oodles of complexes clustered around Park West.

I would just look at a map, and start there.

For whatever reason a month or two ago, I decided to compile a google map of all the apartments in this part of town and their unit counts. It covers most places within a few miles in every direction but is not exhaustive.

Don't ask me why I did this. I was bored. Here is the map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XB..._P&usp=sharing
Thank you. Also, the only reason that I mentioned a price range is I looked at others that were looking for advise and the first question that people asked the OP was the price range they were looking to pay, so I thought I get that out of the way.

I would love an apartment that is walking distance (0.25 of a mile I guess) or a short drive to restaurants, shops (not large Target/Walmart stores), movie theaters

They would need to be newer 2000s minimum but more so 2010s.

No children, school location does not matter.

I do not need to bike to work or walk to work. But, I heard traffic is bad around the area, so I really do not want to be farther than 10-15 minute drive from traffic.

I do not want to be close to an airport or loud traffic.

Hopefully this helps, I really appreciate it.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:04 PM

10,578 posts, read 5,539,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjnoles1 View Post
I do not want to be close to an airport or loud traffic.
Seriously ... have you looked at a map of the area?

You want to live close to work, but you don't want to live close to an airport. Your work is close to an airport. Therefore, if you live close to work, you will live close to an airport.

Last edited by hertfordshire; 11-07-2019 at 03:17 PM..

Old 11-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post

You want to live close to work, but you don't want to live close to an airport. Your work is close to an airport. Therefore, if you live close to work, you will live close to an airport.
Orulz was nice enough to assist me, and asked me questions, one was if I minded aircraft noise and I answered that I would prefer not. So, is the airport so close that I actually would get woken up by airplanes?

Old 11-07-2019, 04:34 PM

527 posts, read 481,533 times
I don’t know the prices, but check out the apartments in Park West in Morrisville. That should check off a lot of your boxes.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:35 PM

From Weston, you can't escape some aircraft noise, but moving north/west from there makes it louder so don't go in that direction.

Personally I would look first at District Station and the Bristol, both located at Park West Village. District Station is brand new; the Bristol is perhaps 5-6 years old. There are train tracks near by so you'll hear some rumble but the closest crossing is a couple miles away so horns shouldn't be an issue. Park West does have big box retail but it also has a good mix of smaller stuff too.

There is also District Lofts at park west which is right above some of the shops there, but personally I would rather be just a little further away from all that but still within walking distance.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
From Weston, you can't escape some aircraft noise, but moving north/west from there makes it louder so don't go in that direction.

Personally I would look first at District Station and the Bristol, both located at Park West Village. District Station is brand new; the Bristol is perhaps 5-6 years old. There are train tracks near by so you'll hear some rumble but the closest crossing is a couple miles away so horns shouldn't be an issue. Park West does have big box retail but it also has a good mix of smaller stuff too.

There is also District Lofts at park west which is right above some of the shops there, but personally I would rather be just a little further away from all that but still within walking distance.
Sir, you read my mind. I stumbled upon the Park West Village location and the apartments close by. That is EXACTLY what I am looking for. Apartments close to shopping and restaurants that is being offered at Park West:
https://www.parkwestvillage.net/residential/

I am currently in communication with District Station and Bristol. Is there any other shopping/restaurant/movie theater complexes close by, that is similar to Park West Village that also has surrounding apartments? As if there are more options, I would love to do some research on them as well.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:01 PM

Parkside Place Apartments at Parkside Town Commons is very similar given your criteria but quite a bit further from your place of employment. It has a bowling alley and a fancier grocery store (Harris Teeter) but you would be dealing with much worse traffic and paying a toll every day for your commute so probably not worth it.

Of course there are a lot of other apartment complexes near Park West, but most are older than 2010. Marq at Weston is the only other place that comes to mind meeting your criteria in that immediate area.

After that, check ot Apartments at Arboretum which is a little older (2004ish?) and has fewer shops right nearby, but also isn't too far from Park West, is still very close to Xerox, and is closer to I-40 so gives you better access to Raleigh, Durham, etc if that is your cup of tea.

Lastly there is Lantower Weston which is new and is right across the street from Xerox. But you have to drive a bit (not too far, 5-10 minutes) for shopping.

Last edited by orulz; 11-07-2019 at 07:11 PM..

Old 11-08-2019, 12:29 PM

2,969 posts, read 5,129,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Seriously. Seems like the OP hasn't looked at a map or googled apartments or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary