U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 07:29 AM

130 posts, read 191,411 times

Advertisements

We have been with State Farm for many years, and we'd like to keep it that way. We have been unsatisfied with the office we do business with for a while now. We are ready to leave but want some solid recommendations of a State Farm agent you are very happy with and looks out for your best interests, is proactive, and returns communications and such. Anybody have a recommendation we can consider? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 07:34 AM

34,281 posts, read 59,604,944 times
I tried to move a couple of times, and they appear to have a "No Raiding" agreement, i.e., no taking another agent's customers. I couldn't get any local State Farm agents to even discuss it.

You might want to try in a different town.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:21 AM

12,087 posts, read 28,657,037 times
Peyton Alls with State Farm...919-605-9509.

You could call and discuss the issue. I'm sure he'll tell you what you can and can't do.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I tried to move a couple of times, and they appear to have a "No Raiding" agreement, i.e., no taking another agent's customers. I couldn't get any local State Farm agents to even discuss it.

You might want to try in a different town.
Different town, as in not the name of where we live, as in 10 minutes away? Or do you mean a whole different area?

To be honest, I'm so dissatisfied that if we have to leave State Farm due to a rule that does not help the customer in the end, we will. It's wrong to provide bad service, for several years, and then expect customer loyalty while you define all the rules. I'm too smart for that.

Thank you for weighing in!

Old 11-07-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Peyton Alls with State Farm...919-605-9509.

You could call and discuss the issue. I'm sure he'll tell you what you can and can't do.
Thank you for the recommendation. I will reach out and see what they say.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:33 AM

4,084 posts, read 2,796,022 times
I switched from Vincent Boone to Pam Herndon. Loved having State Farm...was NOT impressed with the bottom-feederness of the previous agent.

Pam has been 100x better. She is out of Chapel Hill and Vincent was out of Raleigh so that may have made a difference in the "no-raiding" issue Mike mentioned.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I switched from Vincent Boone to Pam Herndon. Loved having State Farm...was NOT impressed with the bottom-feederness of the previous agent.

Pam is out of Chapel Hill and experience has been 100x better.
Thank you!

Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 AM

17,356 posts, read 26,679,748 times
we use Chuck Tickle in Cary, Abby in that office is great.

Switching agents should not be a problem, especially if you are unhappy with your service. The one agent WILL get mad at the other agent for taking the business, but that is their problem, not yours (I worked for SF for a long time). If you continue to be stymied, call the corporate office and ask to speak to someone in agency. They will direct you to the local district manager.

If you want to search on your own, look for an agent who has been in business a long time and wins a lot of awards. It shows they are dedicated to their business....this was the advice a SF agent gave me when i was moving.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:03 AM

34,281 posts, read 59,604,944 times
Well...
Folks have me thinking I may need to try again.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
we use Chuck Tickle in Cary, Abby in that office is great.

Switching agents should not be a problem, especially if you are unhappy with your service. The one agent WILL get mad at the other agent for taking the business, but that is their problem, not yours (I worked for SF for a long time). If you continue to be stymied, call the corporate office and ask to speak to someone in agency. They will direct you to the local district manager.

If you want to search on your own, look for an agent who has been in business a long time and wins a lot of awards. It shows they are dedicated to their business....this was the advice a SF agent gave me when i was moving.
Thank you, Twingles! This is all great advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or