Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 05:36 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Wow - that is a long way from the Triangle. I guess if Pittsboro has a serious transformation it could work.
Probably close in distance as Clayton to RDU airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2023, 06:25 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
494 acres is a nice parcel to control in almost any location.
If they proceed deliberately and wisely, I expect they can bring something viable to fruition.

The Randolph County Megasite is marketing its near proximity to RDU, GSO, CLT, Wilmngton, Morehead City, Norfolk, Charleston, Savannah, and 11 Universities.

Of course, it is just 10-12 miles south of Greensboro and has an entirely industrial plan.
https://edpnc.com/megasites/greensboro-randolph/

And, 30 years ago, who would have thought Flowers Plantation on the east side of Clayton would have exploded the way it has?

Old 01-06-2023, 04:24 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
Probably close in distance as Clayton to RDU airport.
I would say the same thing about Clayton: it is pretty far out there. I realize some folks don't mind 45-minute to 1hr commutes during rush hour, but I personally wouldn't want to do that on a regular basis.

Old 01-06-2023, 05:00 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
One of the main reasons we moved was because we could live near stuff. It’s soooooooo nice to be able to go almost anywhere we need in under 20 min and on roads that were built for cars not horses.

I just can’t imagine moving from a place like NY, NJ, MA, etc and saying “well I have an hour commute now, 45 minutes isn’t so bad”. I also love the “I work remote so I can live anywhere” people. People get blinded by the nice shiny new house with all the HGTV fixings, but at the end of the day once you accustomed to your shiny new house, you’re likely going to wish you went for the not as new house in a better location.

These are the people that don’t survive a voluntary relocation and end up moving back “home”.

Old 03-06-2023, 07:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Quote:
Over 900 new homes could be coming to Pittsboro after a large tract of land was recently rezoned.

During its Feb. 27 meeting, the Pittsboro Board of Commissioners approved a rezoning request for 147.27 acres. The land sits along Russet Run, not far from the intersection of U.S. Highway 64 and U.S. Highway 15-501.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...ng-demand.html

Old 05-02-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The next Chatham housing boom? Hundreds of new homes mapped in Siler City
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...new-homes.html

Old 07-12-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
A big upgrade is coming soon to a master-planned community in Chatham County.

Governors Village, which touts homes and commerce across more than 450 acres and is located less than 10 minutes from downtown Chapel Hill, is getting four additional buildings for commercial use, according to Chris Ehrenfeld, owner of Bold Construction.

The buildings will range from 7,000 square feet to 14,000 square feet, according to Ehrenfeld. They will start going vertical in the fall, and at least one of the buildings will be completed by mid-to-late 2024, Ehrenfeld said.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...struction.html

Old 08-17-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Nearly a year after Durham next-generation semiconductor maker announced its plan for a $5 billion factory with 1,800 employees on an industrial megasite assembled by a Greensboro development team, a company from Greensboro is following up with a plan to house workers expected there – and the other megasites nearby.
Windsor Homes, part of the Windsor group of Greensboro, has filed plans with Siler City for a housing project of 562 units for a tract just off U.S. 421, the road that helps define the swath of central North Carolina known as the Carolina Core and future route of Interstate 685.
https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...Pos=7#cxrecs_s

Old 08-18-2023, 11:47 AM

360 posts, read 223,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Rural buffer in Chapel Hill is doing a great job driving up the cost of living in CH and forcing the development and tax revenue into Chatham County as intended. Drive 5 minutes through the "countryside" only to come out back in suburbia on the other side

Old 08-20-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codygreen View Post
Rural buffer in Chapel Hill is doing a great job driving up the cost of living in CH and forcing the development and tax revenue into Chatham County as intended. Drive 5 minutes through the "countryside" only to come out back in suburbia on the other side
Facts. The antidevelopment zealotry of Orange County has only made it unaffordable to live in
The county except for the elite and encouraged development to leapfrog over into surrounding development-friendly counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary