Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM

21 posts, read 72,137 times

Advertisements

Did not think we would be able to make it, but turns out we will be around on the 18th. I don't know if a RSVP deadline has past, but my husband and I would love to attend, if possible, and get to know the great people that know all the answers! (I'd be lost without this forum).
We love this area and know that we are finally "home".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 21 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carynewbie View Post
Did not think we would be able to make it, but turns out we will be around on the 18th. I don't know if a RSVP deadline has past, but my husband and I would love to attend, if possible, and get to know the great people that know all the answers! (I'd be lost without this forum).
We love this area and know that we are finally "home".
What?
RSVP "deadline?"
You think this is, like, "organized?"

Great! We'll be looking for you...

Old 05-07-2008, 12:56 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,645,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedB View Post
My wife and I will be down looking at homes with a realtor on this board. Maybe she'll bring us by.
Is the realtor coming also? The more the merrier!

Old 05-07-2008, 03:14 PM

171 posts, read 451,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Is the realtor coming also? The more the merrier!
Well, she said in an earlier post that she's been very busy lately and needs to check her calendar, but 6pm sounded good. Well, she'll be busy with us that weekend looking around Cary and Apex and we would like to stop by for the meetup so.........,

Old 05-07-2008, 07:02 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,645,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedB View Post
Well, she said in an earlier post that she's been very busy lately and needs to check her calendar, but 6pm sounded good. Well, she'll be busy with us that weekend looking around Cary and Apex and we would like to stop by for the meetup so.........,
Great! By the way, my husband is from CT (Fairfield county). What part of CT are you guys from? Looking forward to meet you and everyone else

Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM

171 posts, read 451,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Great! By the way, my husband is from CT (Fairfield county). What part of CT are you guys from? Looking forward to meet you and everyone else
We are from metro Hartford.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 AM

17 posts, read 47,487 times
Default Us too

Hi,
My wife and I will be there and maybe a child too
Pat

Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,237,801 times
Thanks for getting the patio reserved Mike!

Looking forward to it.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:39 AM

42 posts, read 167,347 times
Unhappy Wish we could be there!

I SO wish we were going to be in Raleigh for this grand event! We are making our 4th visit the week of June 14, so unfortunately we'll miss the extravaganza by almost a month! Have fun without us!

Are these held on a quarterly basis? If we do move out there, we'd be there by the end of July (just in time for the peak of humidity, I suppose!), so I hope we can catch the next one. All y'all have been my North Carolina "life line" for 3 years now, and I am so looking forward to meeting you!

Any prayer warriors out there: please ask God to strike us with lightning so we'll know whether we're supposed to move there (okay, I mean that figuratively, of course!). Thanks so much!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:59 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,431,435 times
Default Maybe a 'maybe' now, drat-it-all

OK, if you weren't looking forward to making our acquaintances -- Rdslots and Mr. Rdslots -- you may have to party-hearty without us. Please keep us on the will-be-there list, however, as I am dutifully trying to get out of what my sister down in Wilmington is begging me to help her out with.

Some time back, I asked about a body-building contest in the area (Greensboro) because my 78-year-old Father wanted to see his personal trainer compete. My sister and her husband drove him up, but it was my sister and I who had to go to the show. The boys weenied-out, claiming we couldn't possibly leave all of the dogs in the house, alone, to be gone for hours.

So, now what? Dear old Dad wants to see her, the trainer, compete in Charleston, and given that Dad has been working-out himself, has strong-armed her into taking him, yet again. The show is this coming weekend, May 16-18.

It gets worse -- he wants to compete himself in the 70+ age bracket. I can admire his tenacity/fortitude *whatever* but something about seeing MY Father in a Speedo under the bright lights on a stage just reeks of E-U-eeeewwwwwwww for me.

Anyway, my plans are to wriggle out of this, somehow, and see you all Sunday, May 18, at the Hibernian here in Cary. Mr. Rdslots may or may not be with me as I may have killed him, the reneger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary