Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 03:06 PM

166 posts, read 139,059 times

Advertisements

I have a mouth full of silver fillings that are aging and in need of repair. I understand that the teeth cannot really be drilled out more, so I am facing some big and expensive decisions. I am looking for a dentist in Cary that takes Delta Dental Insurance and is willing to be creative in the repairs I need. I am sure most dentists would love to charge me for crowning them all, which would total $32,000 according to my last dentist. I need a dentist that is looking out for me and not their wallet or pocketbook. I need creative solutions. I need some choices. Can anyone HIGHLY recommend a dentist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 PM

60 posts, read 185,362 times
If you are willing to travel to Wake Forest....this guy is GREAT! My mother in law was in the same boat you are now in. He will work with you and do what is best for you!
He is an older guy who has being in practice for awhile, so he knows his stuff.
Duno about the insurance though...here is his info if want to call and ask.

Dearstyne Michael R DDS‎
835 Wake Forest Business Pk
Wake Forest, NC 27587
(919) 570-7930

Good Luck!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
I very highly recommend a Cary dentist. He's got state-of-the-art equipment and believes that saving as much natural portion of the tooth as possible is best. He's soft-spoken and gentle with a nice considerate manner. I've had fillings replaced there and it was easy and fast.

Don't know about the insurance co. you mentioned but I do know they accept some types of insurance.

Best,
toodie

Dr Charles Ferzli General Dentist
915 Kildaire Farm Road Suite 7
Cary, NC 27511
Phone: (919) 462-3350

Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,388 times
I just changed my dentist recently to Dr.Gabriel Rich in Raleigh. I changed because the last dentistI felt was way overpriced, and I have extremely sensitive teeth. I really liked his mannerisms and how comfortable he made me feel.. plus he also is the dentist for the Hurricane's hockey team.. so I figure he has some challenges for sure.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:23 PM

169 posts, read 778,432 times
I go to the UNC dental school. A crown would be a few hundred dollars compared to a few thousand from a regular dentist. It does take awhile because the students work slowly, but the money you save could be well worth it.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:03 PM

166 posts, read 139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightmidnight View Post
I go to the UNC dental school. A crown would be a few hundred dollars compared to a few thousand from a regular dentist. It does take awhile because the students work slowly, but the money you save could be well worth it.

I am glad you brought this up. I have been told about this. Are the students 100% supervised? I would be a little nervous over someone 'training' on me, but it might be a good option to get the work done at an affordable price.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
I need a dentist that is looking out for me and not their wallet or pocketbook.
Ha, good luck. I'm sure they are few and far between.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:09 AM

551 posts, read 575,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1NascarFan View Post
Can anyone HIGHLY recommend a dentist?

I am told that Preston Dental is very good.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:14 PM

15 posts, read 34,717 times
If you are willing to travel to North Raleigh there is a great dentist office right off of six Forks Road. I have had the same problems and they are fantastic. They offer new patient experience discount and the service is awesome! check out the Renaissance Dental Center 919 786-6766 and their website is: Renaissance Dental Center - Raleigh, NC they have great prices and an excellent staff. the patient is their top priority.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:13 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupkrazy View Post
If you are willing to travel to Wake Forest....this guy is GREAT! My mother in law was in the same boat you are now in. He will work with you and do what is best for you!
He is an older guy who has being in practice for awhile, so he knows his stuff.
Duno about the insurance though...here is his info if want to call and ask.

Dearstyne Michael R DDS‎
835 Wake Forest Business Pk
Wake Forest, NC 27587
(919) 570-7930

Good Luck!
There are lots of good dentists in Raleigh but yes, finding one that works within your budget or takes your insurance, narrows it down. I have known Michael Dearstyne since his first practice out of dental school, he's fantastic! He is honest, ethical, and really cares about his patients and wants what's best for them in terms of saving teeth, and costs. I drive a good distance to keep him as my dentist.
Whoever you are interested in, call their office and sched a time to go over your questions on the phone, most offices will do this for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary