Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2021, 10:13 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,879,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
So your take is that eventually you will die of something so COVID might as well get you now, and take others with you?

I hope you seek some help for this - really - because that seems like you are in a very defeatist emotional state that has nothing to do with this virus
Wow....thank you for that arm chair analysis of my emotional state doctor. Where do I send the check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin3904 View Post

A lot of people out there are just really scared of this vaccine. And the fact that that's the case, when in reality hundreds of millions of people have been safely vaccinated, and we're seeing the impact of that as vaccinated people are generally not ending up in the hospital for COVID-19 related reasons - it feels like something truly nefarious is going on out there with regards to vaccine disinformation.
Not fear. It's distrust of big pharma who has absolutely no liability risk exposure for these EUA vaccines while raking in huge profits for themselves. Of course they want booster shots.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:23 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
I do agree that risk perception seems a little bit out of whack with Covid. That will eventually change (hopefully), but not until we stop getting bombarded with daily news and headlines. It has started up with a vengeance again - I get that cases are rising slightly, I get that new variants are appearing that we have to keep an eye on. I do not agree with some of the headlines I see that seem to only generate fear and nervousness, and some are flat out misleading. We are nowhere near where we were a year ago, but you have to dig yourself into the numbers to realize that.

The whole "it's worth it if we can save one life" theory doesn't fly. If that were the case we'd never leave our houses - ever. When you leave your house there is always risk that you may cause someone harm, or someone may cause harm to you.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:24 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Wow....thank you for that arm chair analysis of my emotional state doctor. Where do I send the check.
To the vaccinated healthcare workers who will end up trying to save you.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
To the vaccinated healthcare workers who will end up trying to save you.
Well if COVID gets me then good luck trying to collect $$ from a dead person.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Well if COVID gets me then good luck trying to collect $$ from a dead person.
Starglow, it's entirely fine to be afraid of this vaccine. I think you want to be convinced. We have tried. We've countered your very specific arguments with very specific facts. I don't know your personal or family situation, if you are around vulnerable people, what. I hope you end up getting the vaccine and not COVID. Really don't know what else to say.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:05 AM

598 posts, read 333,258 times
Quote:
Not fear. It's distrust of big pharma who has absolutely no liability risk exposure for these EUA vaccines while raking in huge profits for themselves. Of course they want booster shots.
And Big Mask just wants everyone to keep wearing masks, I'm sure. And Big Media just loves talking about the coronavirus every day. Surely it never gets old for them! All this skepticism just makes no sense given the circumstances, I'm sorry.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:09 AM

1,462 posts, read 659,873 times
Quote:
So have you and do you intend to refuse all medicines, treatments and vaccines (new and old) developed by Big Pharma or is your distrust of Big Pharma making big $$$ specific only to the covid vaccine? ( treatments for covid are in the works). So,,,,,, if you refuse all medicines, treatments, vaccines etc.that Big Pharma has made/developed, sooner or later, you ain't gonna feel too good......

Old 07-21-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
So have you and do you intend to refuse all medicines, treatments and vaccines (new and old) developed by Big Pharma or is your distrust of Big Pharma making big $$$ specific only to the covid vaccine? ( treatments for covid are in the works). So,,,,,, if you refuse all medicines, treatments, vaccines etc.that Big Pharma has made/developed, sooner or later, you ain't gonna feel too good......
There was life long before big pharma existed, but now days they want everyone to be taking medication for something and apparently you aren't considered normal if your not taking prescription drugs. If big pharma and others have so much faith in the safety of these EUA vaccines then drop the legal liability immunity clause. Guaranteed legal protection for them but none for us.

Old 07-21-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
There was life long before big pharma existed, but now days they want everyone to be taking medication for something and apparently you aren't considered normal if your not taking prescription drugs. If big pharma and others have so much faith in the safety of these EUA vaccines then drop the legal liability immunity clause. Guaranteed legal protection for them but none for us.
What about over the counter drugs? Do you take a Tylenol, an Advil, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary