Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2021, 11:08 AM

63 posts, read 31,597 times

Advertisements

Hi, i have accepted an offer in raleigh and my wife and i will be moving from anchorage, ak to raleigh in may.

It will be my wife and i moving, no pets no kids.

My work location is 800 corporate center drive 27607

My wife will be attending school at the wake tech perry sciences campus 2901 Holston Ln, Raleigh, NC 27610.

My wife is a new driver and fairly new to the usa in general so I'd like to find an 2 bdrm 2 bath apartment with washer dryer in unit, ac, dishwasher near the college while i will commute to work. Dont necessarily need walking distance but a 5-15 minute drive would be ideal.

Im not familiar with traffic patterns in the area so im really hoping someone could point me to some general areas that would provide short commute for wife to college and decent commute for me.

We would like somewhere that has a "clubhouse" with a gym, bbq grill, pool and other ammenties we figured this would be a good way to have a common area where we could meet people as we are new to the area (after we get past covid). I should say if a townhouse, condo, home area etc offers this same type of environment we are open to it.

Budget wise i am thinking 1300 but we can afford more depending on the going rate and obviously less expensive is always great. We will plan to arrive early to scope out some places of course but shopping online can be a bit deceiving as some places dont live up to their online advertisements.

Any suggestions are appreciated thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 12:41 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,592,330 times
Wow! Those are opposite sides of town. I am unfamiliar with the eastern half of Raleigh and will let someone more familiar help you out. Your wife isn't able to attend school at a different campus? The campus on Fayetteville Road would make things a little easier for you.

Old 01-30-2021, 01:00 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,636,175 times
In general, I'm not a big fan of Eastern Raleigh and the area around Wake Med and New Bern. That being said, a search for that area came up with this, which actually looks pretty good to me:

Pines of Ashton Apartments
3105 Holston Ln, Raleigh, NC 27610

Old 01-30-2021, 02:20 PM

1,227 posts, read 794,065 times
I’d look out in Knightdale. There are a number of newer complexes just off Business US 64.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:28 PM

Hi there my understanding is the 21 month radiography program is out of this building, i confirmed this once but ill confirm again monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Wow! Those are opposite sides of town. I am unfamiliar with the eastern half of Raleigh and will let someone more familiar help you out. Your wife isn't able to attend school at a different campus? The campus on Fayetteville Road would make things a little easier for you.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:30 PM

Yes ive heard east raleigh is the least desirable area of town. I didnt see any apartments come up that met my criteria when searching online. Im wondering if looking in north hills would be to far for going to work or if i should look closer to cary. Like a place like Legends Cary Towne but some were saying that place isnt all its cracked up to be

Pines looks nice i will check it out thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
In general, I'm not a big fan of Eastern Raleigh and the area around Wake Med and New Bern. That being said, a search for that area came up with this, which actually looks pretty good to me:

Pines of Ashton Apartments
3105 Holston Ln, Raleigh, NC 27610

Old 01-30-2021, 03:32 PM

Thanks but wouldnt that make my commute to work in west raleigh crazy long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
I’d look out in Knightdale. There are a number of newer complexes just off Business US 64.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:43 PM

22,655 posts, read 36,694,790 times
If your wife is a new driver you're better off living out there temporarily otherwise - if you live in North Hills - she will have to get on the beltline. I'm an experienced driver and can't stand the beltline. And yes, Knightdale would be a hella commute for you. Too bad because there's plenty of apartments around your office. You could walk from some of them.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:47 PM

9,356 posts, read 14,038,953 times
A real estate agent can help you. They like to think long term so helping you now might mean a customer in the future.

Old 01-30-2021, 03:57 PM

Got it thanks. Yeah we will have to make a compromise. My work is flexible to so ill ask for maybe 1 day a week working from home or something.
Ive only lived in anchorage and we dont have traffic here.

But i have done vacation driving during rush hours in places like los angeles, atlanta, houston etc i dont think raleigh is there yet (im picturing raleigh more on the vegas level) so i feel i can stomach a commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If your wife is a new driver you're better off living out there temporarily otherwise - if you live in North Hills - she will have to get on the beltline. I'm an experienced driver and can't stand the beltline. And yes, Knightdale would be a hella commute for you. Too bad because there's plenty of apartments around your office. You could walk from some of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary