Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:38 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,526 times

Advertisements

Certainly was good to see some rain this am. The word teeming came to mind up here in Wake Forest. I did hear a clasp or two of thunder last night, this morning, or was I dreaming and that was really the sound of one of those passing cars with the deep bass playing the 'Boom', 'Boom', 'Boom' sound. Other than rattling things on my walls do those stereo's have a purpose? Sorry for the deviation from the weather question. Sorry to read about the loss of life from the storms. I also see that Wake has a Tornado watch until 9am so be safe everyone!

BTW: It's TGIF! Happy Friday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 06:37 AM

147 posts, read 689,189 times
All this hysteria about the weather is really due to the media having to hype things up all the time. My MIL just called to ask me if we're all okay because of the tornadoes. I had no idea what she was talking about. She was watching the Weather Channel and saw that there were tornadoes across Central NC. I'm sure that they made it sound like a level of death and destruction on par with the recent event in Myanmar.

That being said, last night around midnight or 1 a.m. there was tremendous thunder here in Cary, near Bond Park off of Cary Parkway. And clearly we had rain, but I don't know how much. Not enough to leave puddles in the usual places so it couldn't have been much!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:38 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1NascarFan View Post
The OP asked where were all the storms. The most damage occured in Greensboro. I believe the storms moved in much later than expected.

I see. I was just confused since you quoted a post by someone other than the original poster, so I didn't understand what you were getting at with your response about a tornado in Greensboro.

I agree the storms moved in later (and further North) than anticipated.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
In SW Durham, we received the rain and a good bit of lightning around 5 AM. The lightning was so close, the thunder followed within just a second or two (talk about LOUD!), and my normally calm, sleep through anything Golden Retriever was trembling with fear.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
Had a nice storm here in N. Raleigh as well this morning. 1 clap of thunder was very loud and woke me up!!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Default Current NC Alerts - Updated every two miniutes.

Current Watches, Warnings and Advisories for North Carolina Issued by the National Weather Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary