Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:06 PM

20 posts, read 38,977 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Holly Springs? I'm thinking of switching to Sunset Ridge Dentistry but after reading one bad post about them I'm concerned. The poster was not specific as to the reasons but if anyone has information about this practice or any others I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteann View Post
Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Holly Springs? I'm thinking of switching to Sunset Ridge Dentistry but after reading one bad post about them I'm concerned. The poster was not specific as to the reasons but if anyone has information about this practice or any others I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.
My husband and DD both go to Holly Springs Family Dentistry - Dr. Taylor right off N. Main St (behind a daycare). We love this office and HIGHLY recommend it. They pulled my DD tooth and she didn't even know they did it!

Home

Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 AM

153 posts, read 459,971 times
We love Sunset Ridge Family dentistry...one of the nicest offices you will see, very friendly, and Dr. Neidenthal fixed an old filing (a previous botched job by another dentist) that I thought was going to need a root canal and its held over 2 yrs now. He seems to know how to keep the pain to a minimum...very good. My kids and husband go there too.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:50 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,236 times
We go to Lane & Associates in Fuquay. Not only are they nice and can get you in very easily, their building looks like the Taj Mahal!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
We go to Lane & Associates in Fuquay. Not only are they nice and can get you in very easily, their building looks like the Taj Mahal!
Unfortunately so don't their prices! Building is beautiful, including the water fountain - dentists are nice, I just don't like their prices.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:34 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,236 times
I can't comment about their prices because I have dental insurance but the dentists and staff are all great.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:06 PM

Thank you all for the response. I've had a limited oral exam with Dr. Neidenthal and thought he was very nice. The staff was ok but I thought a little distracted at times. The office is beautiful but the atmosphere seemed a little bit too business like. I don't know how to explain it in a way that isn't insulting because the place is very clean and professional but it almost seemed a bit too much in my opinion. The most important thing of course is the work of the dentist. I am now going to try Dr. Taylor on Monday and then make a decision about who to use for a crown and future care. I currently see Dr. Wall who I have been with for many years. I used to see Lane and Assoc. and I liked them very much . I had to leave them though because our insurance changed and they weren't in the network. I was forced to see Dr. Wall because she was the only one who would accept my insurance at the time. Dr. Wall is very nice but in my opinion not the best dentist. My husband's crown fell off 3 times and they charged him for 2 of those repairs. He recently saw one of Dr. Wall's fill ins and was not happy at all. I had trouble with a tooth for 4 years that I feel was due to a filling that was changed by Dr. Wall. I think the tooth cracked when she replaced the filling but of course there is no proof. I finally had a root canal but it took a long time for her to recommend that. All I know is I never had problem with this tooth until that day the filling was replaced. On the positive, she is very conservative and will not do any work that is unnecessary. She also recommended a wonderful endodontist which I am grateful for. So, all in all, I've always wanted to go back to Lane because I never had any problems with my teeth when I was seeing them. Our insurance has expanded their network of dentists so I now have many more choices. So far my dealings with the staff at Dr. Taylor's office have been excellent and they seem very thorough with everything so we'll see. I would love to hear more opinions if anyone has some more to share. Thanks again to all!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Thank you all for the response. I've had a limited oral exam with Dr. Neidenthal and thought he was very nice. The staff was ok but I thought a little distracted at times. The office is beautiful but the atmosphere seemed a little bit too business like. I don't know how to explain it in a way that isn't insulting because the place is very clean and professional but it almost seemed a bit too much in my opinion. The most important thing of course is the work of the dentist. I am now going to try Dr. Taylor on Monday and then make a decision about who to use for a crown and future care. I currently see Dr. Wall who I have been with for many years. I used to see Lane and Assoc. and I liked them very much . I had to leave them though because our insurance changed and they weren't in the network. I was forced to see Dr. Wall because she was the only one who would accept my insurance at the time. Dr. Wall is very nice but in my opinion not the best dentist. My husband's crown fell off 3 times and they charged him for 2 of those repairs. He recently saw one of Dr. Wall's fill ins and was not happy at all. I had trouble with a tooth for 4 years that I feel was due to a filling that was changed by Dr. Wall. I think the tooth cracked when she replaced the filling but of course there is no proof. I finally had a root canal but it took a long time for her to recommend that. All I know is I never had problem with this tooth until that day the filling was replaced. On the positive, she is very conservative and will not do any work that is unnecessary. She also recommended a wonderful endodontist which I am grateful for. So, all in all, I've always wanted to go back to Lane because I never had any problems with my teeth when I was seeing them. Our insurance has expanded their network of dentists so I now have many more choices. So far my dealings with the staff at Dr. Taylor's office have been excellent and they seem very thorough with everything so we'll see. I would love to hear more opinions if anyone has some more to share. Thanks again to all!

Good luck on Monday - truly I believe once you go to Dr. Taylor that will settle the uncertainty for you. Let us know how it goes - tell them the Campbells sent ya!

Old 05-17-2008, 06:08 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,693,245 times
Quote:
Funny, we switched from Dr. Neidenthal for many of the reasons you listed too. We now see Dr. McKenzie in F-V. We're very happy with him and his staff. They're all very attentive and down-to-earth, IMO.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:41 AM

How interesting about Dr. Neidenthal. Thank you for the other recommendation and I wil keep him in mind.

I will tell Dr. Taylor the Campbells sent me!

On a different topic, can anyone recommend a good GYN? The one I've seen for 10+ years is not solving a problem I have. I'm very frustrated. I've been with Woman's Health Alliance in Cary for this long (including the birth of my children) because I didn't want to take the time to research another but now I'm ready. I haven't been overly thrilled with them. I never had a major problem but at times was treated by some of the doctors with an attitude especially if I had a problem that was difficult to solve. One of the doctors became nasty with me twice and I don't see him anymore. Anyway I'm getting pretty frustrated now. Their call backs are very slow; it often takes over 2 days for the nurses to get back to their patients. I may start a new thread on this question but if anyone here knows of a good one please let me know. The doctor can be in Apex or Cary. I recently called Dr. Welsh in Cary and they seemed nice but he is a one man show which is probably fine but I'm not used to seeing a doctor who practices alone in this area of medicine. Thanks for any help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary