Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM

492 posts, read 2,107,487 times

Advertisements

I may decide/need to replace my HVAC system in my 14 year old, 1600 sqft house in Cary this season.

Ductwork can be cleaned and sealed, as it doesn't need replacing.

Single zone. I want to stick with the "big names" in equipment: Lennox, Carrier or Trane.

Can anyone recommend reasonably priced, reliable HVAC contractors with good installation techs? I'll be calling for quotes in the next few weeks.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 04:24 AM

445 posts, read 1,858,780 times
Just had my dual zone AC system replaced on my 22 year old house. I went with Carrier mainly because that was the existing brand and I also had a Carrier system on my previous house with no problems. I used Airmakers, I received the best quote from them and so far have been pleased, but then again it has only been about 3 weeks.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:44 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,662,411 times
I have always used Briggs Heating & Air out of Fuquay. They have been in business over 20 years and are very fair and knowledgeable. Most of the big companies use hvac people just out of school that are only trained on the most popular units. I like Briggs because they are more knowledgeable about older units and is family owned - they seem to care more.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:28 AM

145 posts, read 663,852 times
JR Heating & Cooling - 919-795-1898

We have used him for years and refer everyone to him, great guy with a great price and you will be VERY pleased with the service and price, I promise! The absolute BEST in the business

Cindy Golden

Old 05-16-2008, 07:40 AM

21 posts, read 72,226 times
We are very pleased with the service and honest information we are getting with AirWorks Heating and Air. We used them to inspect the AC/Heat system of the home we were in the process of buying. They found cracks in the heat exchange that others had missed. I just had them back to service the system for summer and they did a very thorough job. While we are probably in the market for a new system within a few years, they are not pushing us to buy one. The firm is small and family-owned and everyone is a pleasure to deal with. I believe they install Trane systems.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,815 times
Default Hvac

I used Air Controls Mechanical, LLC. They gave me a very reasonable price and completed our system replacement in 6 hours! I highly recommend this company, my neighbor also used them, so they were a referral to my family. We had a Trane system installed by them, but I think they also sell Carrier too. It has been running without any problems now for a couple of years. Their # is 919-801-7807

Old 05-18-2008, 08:25 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,356 times
I went through this activity last year and had many quotes. I found the best price up front (with no negotiation) was from Yellow Dot. I did not have quotes from any of the above companies though. I have a "gas pack" -- the system with the heat & air all in the same system. Goodman was another brand that came highly recommended from several companies. I ended up with a Goodman and have been absolutely thrilled. Ultimately I went with Weathermaster out of Knightdale as they've been servicing my old unit for 5 years and I was happy with their service. I negotiated them to a price below the Yellow Dot price and went with Weathermaster.

Whatever you do be sure to call around for quotes and negotiate. I was amazed at the range of quotes I received for the same system.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:41 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
We use Yellow Dot.

A while back I had some trouble with an installation of a new air conditioning unit, and the guy that helped me fix everything was an independent when he helped and later went to work for Yellow Dot. Since he went to Yellow Dot we've been using them, and they replaced our upstairs furnace. They've been good to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary