Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 08:40 AM

13 posts, read 49,168 times

Advertisements

Morning all!
I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on neighborhoods in Clayton besides Flowers Plantation? There has to be others but this is the only one that anyone seems to talk about in great detail. I have heard mention of Riverwood and Neuse (without much detail). Any word on Broadmoor? Maybe some other places to look? Or is Flowers the place to live? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 08:51 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
There are absolutely more neighborhoods in Clayton than Flowers.

If you are doing your search by yourself, try going to my company's website and searching "Johnston County".

If you have an agent, just ask her to send you MLS listings.

Yep...its that easy!

Vicki

Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 AM

thanks Vicki! I have added your site to my ever growing list.

I am coming down this weekend to drive around and check things out and I just have not heard of any other places besides those I mentioned. I was hoping to hear of some other places to visit.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:12 AM

567 posts, read 2,140,664 times
Default Clayton subdivisions

Hi there,

I lived in Clayton for about a year.

Glen Laurel is nice if you are into living on a golf course. I know a lot of people who live there and love it. Nice homes but small lots.

If you are looking for a bigger lot and lots of trees (like my husband and I were), I'd look into Walden and Neuse Colony in East Clayton. Ole Mill Stream is also very nice if you want a larger lot and some trees in the back yard.

You hear a lot about Flowers Plantation on this board because it is very large and in a nice area (I think). The East Clayton schools are good and that is where the Flowers Plantation/Neuse Colony/Walden kids would attend.

I don't know anything about Riverwood but lots of people seem to like it.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:15 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,218 times
For new construction, check out Lionsgate, which has Savannah-style homes, Riverwood Golf and Country Club, The Pointe by Centex, Magnolia Village (also Centex), Georgetowne by KB Homes, Lee Forest by Scott Lee Homes, Winston Pointe, Timberlake...
You asked about Broadmoor, which has homes starting in the mid 200s up to high 400s, with a community tennis court and pool.
Lots to choose from!
(I have a website, too, with a Google-map search feature! )

Old 01-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Thanks Erin 1246 and NCHomeFinder! As always, this board has been helpful! Wish me luck this weekend....you all may have another transplant soon!

Old 01-02-2007, 12:20 PM

214 posts, read 701,708 times
I just moved to Glen Laurel and love it. We don't golf much. Tons of landscaping and mature trees which you don't always see in the new developments. The lots are around 0.5 acre and up. Many of the lots in Riverwood (by the athletic club) are smaller. Ole Mill Stream is nice but kind of far out. Broadmoor is very nice - on the Cleveland side of Clayton so do your research to make sure that is where you want to be. Depends on what you want. I am sure your head will be spinning after your tour of Clayton. Good luck.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:23 PM

Jamieshel88...you now have my undivided attention. What does "on the Cleveland side" mean? Lay it on me, i need to know what i am am looking at here (or maybe what i don't want to be looking at). I want a big lot with trees and landscaping. My head is already spinning and i haven't even left Virginia yet....

Old 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Now now, calm down. Yes your head is spinning NOW because its all so foreign to you. Once you are here and see the different areas, you'll be able to pin point which you prefer to live in. Then the process begins of actually choosing a neighborhood and then a house. Don't get too stressed! There is alot to choose from. I always tell my relocating clients not to get too overwhelmed. Its a good thing to have choices, right?!! Vicki

Old 01-02-2007, 05:20 PM

214 posts, read 701,708 times
I have been there so I know what it is like relocating from a different area. Such a monumental decison...and a lot to consider. Clayton has 2 sections- the side where Flowers, Riverwood, Glen Laurel, etc are then the "Cleveland" side. The Cleveland side is where I 40 and Highway 42 meet. The other side (I guess it is East Clayton side) is where Highway 70 goes through. Each side of Clayton has their own issues, pros and cons. Traffic, schools, general area, etc. We initially had narrowed down to 2 houses- one in Glen Laurel and another in Island Creek (? I think that is the name- the street was Bodie Island). When we took my kids to see the 2 houses, they loved Glen Laurel because of how the neighborhood looked along with the number of kids in the neighborhood. We did like Broadmoor as well but the one house we liked had a terrible triangular shaped lot. It is definitely more of a challenge to find a house with a bigger lot. We had 3/4 acre in Massachusetts but settled on about a half acre. The lot in Island Creek was larger (around 0.7 acre) but it didn't have all the amenities that Glen Laurel had. I found the Fonville Morrisey website helpful as you could search by neighborhood, lot size, house size, etc to help narrow your search. There are many new developments underway in Clayton so you will definitely be able to find something that feels right to you. It is a big decision and I would suggest a couple trips if you can to really get a feel along with what the commute will be like to wherever you or your husband will be working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary