U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 09:03 PM

8 posts, read 13,954 times

Advertisements

Kitts Creek looks like a Disney World movie set to me. Great Location though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 8,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castone View Post
I live in the house across the street from the construction trailer. They put it in about 2 months before we closed last September. Imagine my surprise when we came out one afternoon to check on the construction of our house and see this trailer across the street from my dream house. We immediately went to talk to the sales agent about it and he told us it would only be there about 1 year. When we talked to the construction foreman, he said that it would be there for the duration of the project. We got our real estate agent involved as well but she couldn't get a straight answer either. We wanted to believe the sales agent on 1 year because as the construction moves towards the back of the community (where the bungalows are going up) it wouldn't make much sense to keep the trailer where it is as it doesn't provide much convenience to the workers. That's the reason we were told that it was put where it is today. I think that if they had someone who wanted to purchase that lot, they would indeed move it in a minute. They just want to make money. My husband and I have been hoping that someone would come along and put a contract for a house on that lot. We thought our chances were looking pretty good seeing as how they have completed one house and have another in progress right beside the "trailer lot".

We are one of the adjacent lots. They told us the trailer would be there for about 2 years before we signed the contract. One of the builders also said he'd give us his cell # so we can call him directly if there are any problems. We were thinking of 236 but they told us that it wasn't for sale because of the construction trailer. I think lot 237 (the half acre lot) is only for a grand blvd home and has a 30k premium.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 8,519 times
Cool New home prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliping View Post
To anyone who has bought a home at Kitts Creek:

How much did you pay for a deposit? Were you willing to negotiate prices at all? How long did it take for construction?

My husband and I are planning on building there within a year.
We just bought recently...still in the pre-construction phases, but this is what we got:
- We paid the full list price for the home (we were told that in the case of buying a lot and building the home they didn't negotiate price, on spec homes they do). The deposit was $7500 earnest money, plus the up-front cost of any structural upgrades (for example, if you finish or rough-in the attic, or if you put a full bath on the ground floor, etc.). Basically, anything that will affect the construction permit. The exception is if you finish the attic you pay 50% of the cost in the deposit, since it is so expensive.
- We were told that we had to pay the full cost of all upgrades, except for the attic if we wanted it finished (50% deposit for the attic, since it is so expensive), up-front. It all becomes part of the deposit. Depending on what you do - that could be pricey; or depending on what you have saved, you might be restricted in what you can do. I think most people at least rough-in the attic, since if you don't do it up-front, you won't be able to finish it later.
- Some lotshave a "premium" they charge because of the location - or if it is in a new phase area.
- From contract to completion is about 6 months.

They offer an upgrade incentive as well, which goes towards the cost of upgrades. It can help a lot when you don't want to put lots of $$$ down...

When you choose the flooring if you get hardwoods be sure to look at the different levels they have, some of them seem to be of much higher quality than others (thicker, better warranty, etc).

Old 07-21-2007, 01:35 PM

7,574 posts, read 7,184,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
OH no....you have it all wrong.....

GO BUCKEYES!!

**smile**
That would make my oldest son very happy.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:59 PM

2 posts, read 3,606 times
I'm thinking of buying in Kitts Creek. My current home isn't nearly the size of some of the village size homes. I'm just wondering if any current residents can give me an idea on their power bills every month. I'm thinking that a 3000 sq ft home in 90 degree weather can be kinda costly to cool!! I don't mean to be too nosey and asked your exact carbon foot print, but I would be interested to get a rough idea what to expect should i buy in kitts creek..

Old 07-28-2007, 06:19 AM

33 posts, read 74,934 times
I am in a 1900 square foot plan in Kitts Creek. I just received our first electric bill it was 119.00 for 36 days. I stay at home so the ac is on 24 hours a day. Just to give you an idea. We really love it here!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 6,661 times
Thumbs up Kitts Creek 7/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisville2007 View Post
I have been reading some of the posts including comments on Kitt's Creek. I am just curious as to whether anyone has anything positive to say? We were there in early December house shopping and found that to be the only neighborhood with really attractive, well designed interiors, as well as quality construction. I can see where the exteriors could be unappealing to some, but after all. . . the inside is what counts because that is where you spend a good majority of your time at home!!!

Our realtor didn't steer us away. We looked at some other new construction in the same price range but were unimpressed. Also, we looked at some existing homes that were a few years old and were appalled at the condition of many homes.

I guess my point is that for us, new construction is our preference, and Kitt's Creek seems appealing. I guess I am just looking for affirmation and confidence in knowing that it will be a good choice and not something we will regret in a couple of years or if we need to sell at any point for relocation purposes.

We have two elementary aged children.

Any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!!

My husband and I recently took a week in NC to explore communities and townhomes. Our orignal plan was to purchase a town home. Guess what.....we ended up buying a home at Kitts Creek.
We went everywhere! It's pretty much the same wherever you go, the price of the home is the base price. What's hard is trying to figure out, in a model home, what is "optional" and what is the "standard".
Stay away from KB homes, I've heard nothing but bad things about that builder. The one thing I liked about Kitts Creek was when you toured the model you knew exactly what you were getting. They are offering $8,000 in incentives if you purchase in August. They always have some deal going on. We purchased a cute cottage called the "Federal" with the options. We are very pleased with the way the contract is going and with Mike, who is the seller. Very honest and open regarding all aspects of the sale. So far, I can't say enough good things about the community.
Ask me any questions about most communties, I was there and I'm tired!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:27 PM

76 posts, read 248,424 times
I am very interested in buying at Kitts Creek. I like the community type neighborhood and location. And it seems houses are being sold really fast!
However I heard that a large commercial property (walmart, sam's club and others) is going up there.
Is anyone, the residents or other prospective buyers, concerned w/ traffic and resell issues?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 PM

1,040 posts, read 2,381,420 times
They are actually saying that this will be a selling feature (that a Sam's is going in).
My wife and I looked at the community, and for what it is worth we loved the layout of the community. The pool and the community center in the middle of the community. The only negative for us was the sizes of the lots. Not big enough for our dog.
We were looking at the cottages ($350K)... Possibly the Village or Traditional homes give you more land. Check out the deals they have on their website though if you can afford the Village or Traditional...

Kitts Creek ~ Our Homes (broken link)

Pretty sweet, if you ask me...

Old 08-14-2007, 05:34 PM

8 posts, read 28,074 times
Small world... I grew up in Clarion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary