Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:14 PM

186 posts, read 659,425 times

Advertisements

In Los Angeles, most decent public restrooms are equipped with paper toilet seat covers. This goes for restaurants, government buildings, etc. Why is it that so many Triangle-area establishments don't feel the need to provide this? I mean even new family restaurants like Chili's and Friday's don't provide this. What's the deal? I feel like I'm exposing myself to cooties whenever I leave the house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,356 times
You're not in Cali anymore You'll be even more disappointed when you leave the bar for the first time and you smell of cigarette smoke.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:57 PM

207 posts, read 1,088,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPV2NC View Post
In Los Angeles, most decent public restrooms are equipped with paper toilet seat covers. This goes for restaurants, government buildings, etc. Why is it that so many Triangle-area establishments don't feel the need to provide this? I mean even new family restaurants like Chili's and Friday's don't provide this. What's the deal? I feel like I'm exposing myself to cooties whenever I leave the house!
I don't take bowel movements in public and most people I know don't either or if they do they carry their own toilet seat covers. You should be worried more about the bacteria on the faucet, restroom door handle, paper towel dispenser, etc... I only feel truly comfortable using the bathrooms in my own home.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM

31 posts, read 103,127 times
What's wrong with putting toilet paper on the seat? It's thicker than the seat covers anyway.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:17 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPV2NC View Post
Completely understand where you're coming from... of course, not all establishments back home are known to keep up with filling their containers with butt gaskets either. Me, when it's necessary to use the facilities here, there or anywhere, I use the strip method around the perimeter and one down front and center for full coverage after hitting up the sink for a towel to rinse it down before placing my makeshift gasket. It may be overdoing it, but I don't wanna find out twenty years from now that our country's health department discovers that diseases can actually be contracted through bare seats. I'm not taking a chance. Though I will say that it would be nice to see some more of these gaskets widely available here. Hey, maybe this is a line of business to get into while here... gasket salesman.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Your aint from around here are you boy?

If you look to the side of a stall they have this thing called toilet paper it can be work just the same as some seat cover unless you own a cat like this
YouTube - Cat destroys toilet paper roll

Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 AM

362 posts, read 995,002 times
That's why it pays to work those quads so you can just squat without ever touching the seat.!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:13 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraNJ View Post
That's why it pays to work those quads so you can just squat without ever touching the seat.!

You read my mind! Squat!

Vicki

Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,924,092 times
My work has the automatic flushers. If you take the time to put the paper down, you need to be an Olympic gymnast to flip around fast enough and sit before the arse gasket gets whisked away.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:43 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT-X View Post
I don't take bowel movements in public and most people I know don't either or if they do they carry their own toilet seat covers. You should be worried more about the bacteria on the faucet, restroom door handle, paper towel dispenser, etc... I only feel truly comfortable using the bathrooms in my own home.
Thanks for sharing :0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary