Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 PM

14 posts, read 58,704 times

Advertisements

Sounds like I'd be stuck on a waiting list pretty much anywhere, right? It's just like the northeast! Hard enough with twins on your hands and I'm expecting a baby, too, so I definitely want them in something! Guess I'd better find a house first! Thanks for all the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 07:40 PM

32 posts, read 93,864 times
I am sending my son to Pitter Patters in Cary.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM

39 posts, read 125,893 times
Default Love Kiddie Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonali View Post
My daughter goes to Kiddie Academy in Holly Springs. She loves going there, adores her teacher, and enjoys the other children. And for me, the fact that she's happy is really enough, but she has been sponging up all kinds of things (letters, sight words, Spanish).

It's new, so the facilities are very nice and modern. They do teach to the NC kindergarten curriculum and I've had two parent-teacher conferences this year to discuss her progress.

I'm not sure what you're looking for (church affiliated or more academically focused, for example) but it's definitely worth a look-see. The owners are super-great. Tell them Skye's mom sent you!
I had check out 7 or 8 other centers in the area, but did not know about Kiddie Academy until seeing this post. My kids (2 and 4) have been there for a few weeks and we love it so far. The teachers are so attentive and enthusiastic. It is so awesome for my kids to have such a great "welcome" from their teachers when they arrive. I didn't realize the fact that the "welcome" was missing from our previous center. It has made such a big difference with my kids enjoying going to school and with me feeling good about dropping them off there each day. They also have internet viewing so I can check on them during the day. I know my kids are receiving a lot of love and attention while at Kiddie Academy.
An additional benefit is that the kids receive freshly cooked lunch each day in comparison to some centers where you have to bring a lunch.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:01 PM

134 posts, read 607,109 times
Merely an FYI re Goddard on Olive Chapel. They want $1200+ month and $175 registration fee and you have to bring in your own meals. When I asked how they differed from other daycares, the things she told me were no different than the things the current daycare was doing. Just some info for you though.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:05 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
Merely an FYI re Goddard on Olive Chapel. They want $1200+ month and $175 registration fee and you have to bring in your own meals. When I asked how they differed from other daycares, the things she told me were no different than the things the current daycare was doing. Just some info for you though.
I would suggest that the $1200 figure would be for 5 full days, not a part time situation.

FYI- The Goddard School in Holly Springs is brand new and their tuition is considerably lower than the fees at Olive Chapel. Primrose at West Lake is also less expensive than it's West Cary namesake.
Bringing in meals is not necessarily a negative IMO. If a child has food allergies or sensitivities (as mine does) it can be a much safer (if slightly inconvenient) solution.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 AM

Default Holly Springs Child Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I would suggest that the $1200 figure would be for 5 full days, not a part time situation.

FYI- The Goddard School in Holly Springs is brand new and their tuition is considerably lower than the fees at Olive Chapel. Primrose at West Lake is also less expensive than it's West Cary namesake.
Bringing in meals is not necessarily a negative IMO. If a child has food allergies or sensitivities (as mine does) it can be a much safer (if slightly inconvenient) solution.
I had checked out the Goddard school as well. All other factors considered, they were my second choice, only because they do not offer lunch. My kids have been to a center where I had to make their lunch and I found they never ate what I brought for them, regardless of what I made or how much they loved it at home. I love that they are receiving freshly made meals at Kiddie Academy. They are exposed to a bigger variety of foods than they would receive from any lunch that I would prepare for them and they are more willing to eat it since the rest of the class is eating the same thing.
The Learning Express provides a catered lunch that they microwave for the kids.
For part time, Kiddie Academy was more expensive for me than Goddard, but we have been really happy with our choice.
I also would encourage you to check out the link below. You can search the result of North Carolina's inspection of each center. http://ncchildcare.dhhs.state.nc.us/general/home.asp

Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM

271 posts, read 700,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunho View Post
I had check out 7 or 8 other centers in the area, but did not know about Kiddie Academy until seeing this post. My kids (2 and 4) have been there for a few weeks and we love it so far. The teachers are so attentive and enthusiastic. It is so awesome for my kids to have such a great "welcome" from their teachers when they arrive. I didn't realize the fact that the "welcome" was missing from our previous center. It has made such a big difference with my kids enjoying going to school and with me feeling good about dropping them off there each day. They also have internet viewing so I can check on them during the day. I know my kids are receiving a lot of love and attention while at Kiddie Academy.
An additional benefit is that the kids receive freshly cooked lunch each day in comparison to some centers where you have to bring a lunch.
How much are they?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCinNC View Post
How much are they?
The costs below are the monthly fees that I was provided with when researching centers last month. These are based on 3 full time days.
Kiddie Academy
2yr-731
4yr-667
Triangle Academy Preschool
2yr-588
4yr-573
Learning Express
2yr-802
4yr-760
Learning Center
2yr-670
4yr-585
Goddard
2yr-713
4yr-625
Bright Horizons
2yr-822
4yr-597

Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,138 times
I just found this post and was hoping to find some sort of full time care for my 4 yr old daughter next year. I am looking now to see if it is even worth it. I was thinking of going back to work but not 5 days a week I guess... I will be working to pay the fees. $1200 a month???? I guess that's about right. I am waiting for info on Appleseeds and hoping they offer a more affordable rate. I also have to consider my 2 boys that will be needing trackout care next year as well. That alone will be $300 a month if I use the YMCA. Man, this is gonna be expensive! How do you do it? I work part time now and my mother in law watches the kids for an hour before my husband is home from work. I am really trying to stop working evenings. I might have to wait 2 yrs for my daughter to make it to kindergarten I guess and just pay the track out for 3 of them.

Any other advice would be helpful.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 6,365 times
What do you think of pitter patters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary