Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:59 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,687,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
No. They only exist here. And they all live in one area on one block located at the following address:

moderator cut, snip, deleted and gone!
Oh no you don't. ya ain't blaming that mod cut on me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 05:21 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
I really thought the tailgating in Tampa was MUCH worse than here. I haven't found drivers to be bad at all here so far. Except I do get small stones hitting my windshield too.

I appreciate that most of the time people actually let you in a lane here...

Old 06-10-2008, 05:32 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy View Post
No. They only exist here. And they all live in one area on one block located at the following address:

moderator cut, snip, deleted and gone!
Oh no you don't. ya ain't blaming that mod cut on me.

LOL I just wanted to feel the power!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:57 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
The drivers in this area are truly ridiculous. The main problem lies in the lack of common sense. I travel Falls of Neuse Rd. everyday. Everyday I encounter Bedford residents (I assume they are since they always turn in there.) blowing past me on the right even though the lane is clearly marked as "right turn only" just to get a couple of cars ahead. Not only is this dangerous but it wastes fuel. Low and behold at the next stoplight they are still only 3 cars ahead. People race from the stoplight to the next stoplight. They tailgate ridiculously close and the sad fact of the matter is I truly feel the majority of the tailgaters really don't realize that they are tailgating.

For a more interesting read:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...vers-rant.html
I agree on these aggressive drivers. Seems like they rarely gain anything by cutting all over the road.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsncharms View Post
The strange thing is that it was not a truck carrying a load of goods or rocks, it was just a tow truck with a large looking carrier on it. I guess I am pretty much screwed My husband called the company and the person who answered said "I ain't replacing a windshield" So I was actually thinking about taking the pic I took of the cracked windshield and the bill and taking them to small claims court, but it's my word against theirs really so I doubt a judge would make them pay... than I would be even more after going through all of that. I may look into getting my comp deductible lowered.
Thanks
Good luck with that at least the effort vs the time consumption you will have to weigh in . I never think fast enough to grab the camera function of my cell phone in situations like this til after the fact.
I want to make my story on the news one day...

Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM

58 posts, read 48,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I really thought the tailgating in Tampa was MUCH worse than here. I haven't found drivers to be bad at all here so far. Except I do get small stones hitting my windshield too.

I appreciate that most of the time people actually let you in a lane here...
Hey, does it count as tailgating when the driver behind me actually has his front bumper UNDER my rear bumper going down the road at 65 MPH?

And what's with the extremely high speed limits down narrow back roads. In other states a windy back road is 30 MPH. Here it is all the way down to 55 MPH. Ya, that seems safe!

And what's up with the work zones? It's not a slower speed, it's a sign that says "65 MPH. This is a work zone so here we really mean 65 MPH, whereas all the other 65 MPH signs mean pick your speed"

Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Just a warning to those of you that are annoyed by those of us that prefer to drive the speed limit and drive in the right lane. Ok, so SOMETIMES I am on the cell phone and I think its just courteous of me to be in the right lane. For those of you that are annoyed with me and want to tailgate...go ahead. I very seldom look behind me, anyway!!!

Vicki

Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM

24 posts, read 117,299 times
I have to say that so many different states are combined into here I think it is a combination of the whole US and other countries, so you can't pin point one state, everybody brings there bad driving habits here and it gets scary.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:28 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,824 times
Thanks for the welcome I think what I will do is just get over it. What can I do really? I can sit here and continue to be pissed or just move on. Thursday it will be replaced and I'll go out driving again. I don't know where I will end up though. It's going to take me awhile to learn how to get around.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:16 AM

54 posts, read 153,028 times
Default Turn Signals

I agree with the post that stated that people do not use turn signals
Also don't know what stay right and pass left means
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary