Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2007, 05:15 PM

9 posts, read 34,922 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are coming down to Raleigh this weekend to look at homes and were wondeing if anyone knew of some good cheap hotels... We saw some online that were like 40-50 a night but we figured we would get some local feedback... We were thinking about either getting one in the city(which will probably be abit more) so we could experience the city life... or getting a hotel in southeast raleigh which is where a lot of the houses we are going to be looking at are. If you know of any hotels that are affordable and close to
bars/restaurants or anywhere interesting please let us know... thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 07:18 PM

2,187 posts, read 7,980,930 times
We had great luck with the Marriot chain. For very reasonable rates try the Fairfield Inn off 70/Crabtree Mall area. Nice rooms and very centrally located. Plus free breakfasts! We also stayed at the Residence Inn in Cary on Tryon and Regency Parkway. Again free breakfasts and happy hours. Easily located. Decent rooms.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 AM

98 posts, read 636,111 times
I would suggest using Priceline.com with a $40 bid for a 3 star hotel in RTP if over weekend - they are empty !!

Old 01-04-2007, 06:42 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,392,523 times
If you're looking at homes in Southeast Raleigh, perhaps the Red Roof Inn on South Saunders Street (US Hwy 70/401) at I-40 may be good location-wise, but I can't tell you their price. I doubt it's really high, though. It's also real close to downtown so that you can take a look around.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:49 PM

9 posts, read 34,922 times
Thanks for all the help, we were able to use priceline to stay at the Holiday Inn, North Raleigh for $40/ night. This forum is so helpful!

Old 01-05-2007, 10:01 AM

474 posts, read 2,187,973 times
Default Nice hotel near NC Museum of Art ?

Can someone recommend a nice clean hotel within walking distance to the NC Museum of Art which is on Blue Ridge Road ? Let's say under $100 a night ? Any Marriott Courtyards? Thanks so much.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:13 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,392,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Can someone recommend a nice clean hotel within walking distance to the NC Museum of Art which is on Blue Ridge Road ? Let's say under $100 a night ? Any Marriott Courtyards? Thanks so much.
There's only one Hotel within walking distance of the Museum of Art, and that's the Ramada Inn on Blue Ridge Road. I really have no idea whether it'll be less than a hundred, I'm afraid.

The next nearest hotel is a Comfort Suites by the RBC Arena. But that's about a mile and a half away, so walking there isn't that easy.

(Unfortunately, NC didn't put the Art Museum in downtown Raleigh like they did the Science and History museums, which are both within walking distance of at least three hotels.)

Old 01-05-2007, 11:14 AM

474 posts, read 2,187,973 times
I'll check out the Ramada you mentioned. We don't mind walking the mile or so as long as it's dry weather next weekend so I'll check out the others as well.

Many thanks for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary