U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 10,437 times

Advertisements

We are currently looking to buy a new home either in Twin Lakes or the Greystone community in Cary.
We are interested in the 3420 -KB floorplan, but are concerned that the available lots are not that great (close to the power lines and not private enough ) . The incentives that KB is currently offering (15000$ in free upgrades ) along with the standard features like granite countertops, hardwoods in the kitchen and tile in the baths are pretty tempting.
On the other hand Greystone has some good lots available, and we like some of its floorplans but are unsure about its appreciation, builder etc.Plus it turns out to be more expensive than KB for comparable home features

Any thoughts /feedback /advice regarding both builders, home appreciation, opinions on TwinLake and Greystone with their current incentives will be greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 10:29 AM

997 posts, read 4,159,480 times
I sold a home to a client in Greystone. We had a great experience. I was very pleased with the final product of the home and the selections. I personally think they are a much better builder. Other agents in my office have sold homes their as well and have been very happy with the experience also. They are not a new builder. Division of Schottenstein (sp?) Homes that builds in the Mid-West, I believe.

I don't know if it matters to you, but Twin Lakes is more in the flight path. For now Twin Lakes is more accessible to shopping. It closer to 540, 40 RTP and RDU.

Convenience - Twin Lakes/KB Homes
Quality etc. - Greystone/M/I Homes

Old 05-22-2008, 10:41 AM

183 posts, read 598,380 times
Here is an older thread in this forum that may interest you:

KB Homes builder in Raleigh area

Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 10,437 times
Thank you for your replies, Twin Lakes being on flight path does not really bother us, except from the appreciation point of view. That is mainly why we are hesitant about Twin Lakes. We are guessing that GreyStone will appreciate better.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:57 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,419,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssm28 View Post
Thank you for your replies, Twin Lakes being on flight path does not really bother us, except from the appreciation point of view. That is mainly why we are hesitant about Twin Lakes. We are guessing that GreyStone will appreciate better.
My inexpert suggestion would be to buy the house you like the best that fits with your financial situation. Predicting future appreciation, especially these days, is a very tough thing to do.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:41 PM

997 posts, read 4,159,480 times
If you go with Greystone, I forgot to say keep in mind future 540 when picking out a lot.
It's tough to say right now which one will appreciate more. Go with what you like.

The whole Cary Park, Amberly, Green Level Church and Yates Store area is coming together very nicely now. The new school is an added plus as well. When finished there will be increased traffic splitting the neighborhood just as I suspect will be the same for Weldon Ridge in that area.

There are pros and cons to both neighborhoods. Like I tell all my buyers, make a list of all the pros and cons to every neighborhood and decide what is more important to you. List what you are looking for in a community as well and decide which is a must have and what you can live without.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary