U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What would be your choice?
Jordan Lake 4 30.77%
Falls Lake 9 69.23%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:12 AM

7 posts, read 36,966 times
Question Jordan Lake vs. Falls Lake

I would like to hear your opinion as far as how they both compare.
Our plan is tent camping, riding our bikes and maybe renting a canoe for the weekend.
We're a family with 2 small children ages 3 & 4. Playgrounds at the campground are a plus, although I've seen what they call a 'playground' or 'tot lot' at Jordan Lake and it's far from suitable (3 regualr swings and that's IT). I wonder if the ones at Falls are any better.
I like the idea that Falls has an area of the lake designated for non-motorized watercraft. Lake traffic can be somewhat dangerous when the parks are full. And also I have only been able to find one or two places that rent canoes and they are both closer to Falls.
On the other hand, Jordan Lake's Camprounds have a total of 1050 campsites (assuming all sections are opened) while Falls' Camprounds total 300 and some. So my chances of getting there and not finding a site or getting into a 'not so nice' site are bigger if I head to Falls.

So... What do you all have to say about this? Any reason why one would be better choice than the other? Which one would you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 AM

4,410 posts, read 7,141,537 times
Personally I think Kerr Lake (henderson point) beats both Jordon and Falls for camping and it just an hours drive. They have sandy beached campgrounds which I have not found at Falls. henderson also has a field which is great for all sorts of games.
I would go for camping type activities and let them swing when back in Raleigh.
Catch fireflies/nature walk/build a fire/swim/fish/bike.
Sorry...that wasn't your question but its my 2 cents worth.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:09 AM

3,353 posts, read 1,534,150 times
I voted before I saw that your post was about camping, I'm sorry! I voted for Jordan lake. I've never camped in either one...

I like that Jordan Lake has a beach exclusively for campers, though.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
rfb

1,303 posts, read 3,187,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I like that Jordan Lake has a beach exclusively for campers, though.
As does Falls Lake at the Holly Point campground.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 13,602 times
Hey y'all. I want to rent a jet ski on falls lake and i was wondering if you knew of any marinas in the area (just moved to RTP in Jan.)? Thanks!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:09 PM

77 posts, read 180,594 times
There are no jetski rentals on Falls lake. Sorry.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 AM

5 posts, read 45,253 times
Default Raleigh Jet Ski Rentals

There is a company in Raleigh that rents jet skis. They bring the jet ski to the lake you want to ride on....Jordan, Harris, or Falls Lake.

Check em out: raleighjetski.com

email: zoom@raleighjetski.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary