U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 PM

3,031 posts, read 8,155,646 times

Advertisements

Hey there GLP. Perhaps we'll be neighbors again---in a Southern state this time.

See you around the MA and NC forums!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM

1,246 posts, read 3,954,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Raleigh_Guy View Post
You are from Shrewsbury!!!!!!!!! I am from Leicester. Hey!!!!!!!!

How was your visit? Did you find anything you like?
And I'm from Westborough! We moved down here last summer.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:33 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,876,380 times
BTW, these are some of the pictures I took if anyone's interested. I think they're able to be accessed by the general public, but let me know if there's technical difficulties.
Raleigh pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 AM

4,597 posts, read 10,233,204 times
Default Aww, I'll bet our paths crossed!

Glad you had a nice visit, GucciLittlePiggie. You should have had very pleasant weather -- this entire Spring in the area has been lovely. Makes me dread the heat and humidity of the approaching Summer.

Sounds like you had a nice time, and made some good observations. Too bad you weren't able to take-in a Durham Bulls ballgame, or a Railhawks soccer game. Those are fun outdoor activities. You sure got around, though!

Come back when you have the time. So much to see and do here, and the Raleigh area affords easy accessibility to still other beautiful areas like the Nc coast and the mountains.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:17 AM

3,744 posts, read 9,446,137 times
Gucci - We're recent transplants from Providence (yes, I say "Lestah" and "Woostah"!!) Glad you enjoyed your visit. We LOVE living here, been here 6 weeks today and are settling in nicely. We live in Cary which is a wonderful town, just happen to find the ideal home here and it is an easy commute for us to Durham from W Cary. We also would have been happy in Raleigh, North Raleigh as well as many parts of Durham (some great areas in Durham I think you missed). I totally agree about the friendliness of people. It almost took us aback initially until we realized that people are truly friendly here. We've made several friends in the short time we've been here. I think you are going to love it as well. Welcome!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:26 AM

119 posts, read 334,765 times
West Raleigh Guy...when did you leave MA? We're moving from Rutland in June. Don't you miss the snow and ice from November through April???? Do you still have family in "Lesta"?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:40 AM

3,353 posts, read 3,855,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
The areas near Duke seemed to be like artificially built up to suit yuppies or something. Like "luxury loft apartments" with the gritty, authentic atmosphere of... TGI Fridays or a shopping mall.
LOL! Yeah that's probably right around my neighborhood (South Square). You missed the more interesting areas of Durham (some right around Duke) (explore when you move here! You'll see.). Glad you got some locopops

Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM

11,487 posts, read 25,723,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
BTW, these are some of the pictures I took if anyone's interested. I think they're able to be accessed by the general public, but let me know if there's technical difficulties.
Raleigh pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots
I enjoyed the pictures, they're great!

Old 05-28-2008, 04:12 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,876,380 times
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! And I feel I may have been a bit harsh on Durham, but I was only going on what I saw. I'm really looking forward to discovering for years all there is in the Triangle area.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:51 PM

20 posts, read 54,011 times
i'm really amazed at all the MA and New England transplants down in the triangle.

my wife and i will be moving down there this weekend, and can't wait to get there.

it will be so nice to escape the mean streets of malden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary