U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:21 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,879,288 times

Advertisements

tomorrow, and I'm so excited. I want to see if all the good things I've seen/heard about are real, before the move. Thanks to all the people on here who've helped me get to the point that I'm actually making the trip and scouting out the area. I think when I get back I'll post what I've learned for anyone else in my situation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:36 PM

11,493 posts, read 25,752,811 times
I'll be there tomorrow too. I can't wait! What areas are you looking at? Where are you staying? Good luck and have fun!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:15 PM

119 posts, read 334,920 times
So what areas are you looking at?? Prior to making our final decision we looked at Wake Forest, Apex, Cary, N. Raleigh and Holly Springs. Enjoy your trip. Let us know what your observations are.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:38 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,879,288 times
we're staying at the Hyatt Place Raleigh-North, and checking out Durham and Raleigh with the idea of moving there, and Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and the RTP just for kicks. Trying to determine whether Raleigh or Durham would be better for us, and what areas seems nice. We're also trying out what seems like some really cool restaurants. Mm-mmm!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 AM

86 posts, read 218,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
We're also trying out what seems like some really cool restaurants. Mm-mmm!
Would you mind share those restaurants' names? We would be in RTP next weekend! Thanks a lot!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 5,453,481 times
What kinds of things are you looking at on the trip, and what will decide your destination? Housing? Restaurants? Nightlife? Family-orientation?

In Durham I'd tell you to check out the area around Duke and places like Brightleaf Square, American Tobacco if you like downtowny-restauranty. If you are looking for family-oriented homes, check out more in the SW Durham area around the Streets at Southpoint - neighborhoods like Fairfield and Woodcroft are great representations of established neighborhoods, while ones like Huntington Ridge or Grandale are nice looks at newer/new subdivisions

Magnolia in Durham is a great little restaurant and worth trying - very tasty and popular!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 AM

61 posts, read 147,683 times
You all have fun in Raleigh this weekend. That means more room for me on Wrightsville Beach

Old 05-23-2008, 12:39 PM

51 posts, read 120,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqtonik View Post
You all have fun in Raleigh this weekend. That means more room for me on Wrightsville Beach
Where is Wrightsville beach? We are looking for a beach to go to that is not too far from the Triangle area.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:26 PM

4,958 posts, read 10,375,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavincainjuly View Post
Where is Wrightsville beach? We are looking for a beach to go to that is not too far from the Triangle area.
Wrightsville Beach is near Wilmington. We drove there a few weeks ago. It took a little over 2 hours from Holly Springs. It's a beautiful beach and a nice town! (Just a suggestion: If you're planning on eating in town, try The Oceanic Restaurant. Great food, reasonable prices, and you can eat on the pier overlooking the beach!)

Visit Wrightsville Beach, NC

THE OCEANIC RESTAURANT (http://www.oceanicrestaurant.com/oceanic_restaurant.htm - broken link)

Last edited by lovemaine; 05-23-2008 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-23-2008, 01:59 PM

2,550 posts, read 6,162,667 times
Just be aware that parking at Wrightsville Beach can be a real hassle. The number of metered spots can easily exceed demand on a nice weekend. Get there early and bring quarters. You might also check out Ft. Fisher. A tad further, but free parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary