U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 01:07 PM

7 posts, read 44,684 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking to move to Raleigh as I have heard Raleigh is growing at a rapid rate and is in need of new teachers. After attending the job fair and applying to multiple schools I still have not recieved a call back or an offer.

I really love it down in Raleigh, as I have visted a number of times.

Are there any teachers who have gone through the process before and could provide some insight for me? Furthermore, does anyone know when schools will be doing their hiring for the fall 2008?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 09:05 PM

17 posts, read 59,791 times
Are you trying to get a job in Wake county? I am currently trying to get a job in Wake county. I was emailing principals, and finally one responded asking if my application was complete. Apparently, you have to receive a blue card in the mail that indicates that your application is complete. THen you can apply to schools. Otherwise, the principals wont bother interviewing you. I sent my application in two Mondays ago, and received the blue card on Saturday. This week, I am hoping to email principals and get some responses. Everyone I've talked to says that I won't have a problem getting a job in Raleigh... and I'm an art teacher! I hope this helps!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:29 AM

38 posts, read 113,955 times
When I spoke with the Wake county HR they told me that I need to look on the website for openings. I'd check there everyday and look at the hire date. If you see something you would be interested then I'd email first then follow up with a call. I'm an ESL teacher and ended up going with Johnston County instead.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:45 PM

7 posts, read 44,684 times
NYtoFLtoNC...thanks for your reply and input.

When did you move to NC? How come you choose Johnston County instead of Wake county?

Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 AM

38 posts, read 113,955 times
We closed on our house in Clayton last month, but we're not moving until June. I want to finish out the school year here in Florida. I've taught in different school districts and have learned that money should not be a determining factor. Johnston County is an up and coming area. I feel that because of the increasing population, the county will have to be more competitive with salaries in order to get and keep good teachers. I had a similar situation here in Florida. The district I work for now is one of the best paying in the area! (it's very similar to Johnston County). Other reasons include the low rate of redistricting, the close proximity to my house, and the fact that the district people know who you are. I wanted to find a county that I plan to stay with for a while. These are just my opinions.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:09 PM

615 posts, read 1,305,724 times
I don't think the salary difference is that significant in Wake County versus other counties. I know Wake is the "preferred" county for teachers but I still can't figure out why. Houses are more $$$$ there so its more pricey to live there. The supplement is a bit more(Maybe $1600 annual) but not nearly enough to make up the difference in cost of living versus surrounding counties. Plus there are TONS of nice areas/citiies/neighborhoods in the surrounding areas...I just don't see the draw to Wake County versus other nearby counties.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM

46 posts, read 76,397 times
Smile looking too...

Hi. I am applying for positions down there as well. How is your job hunt progressing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary