U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:38 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,442,249 times

Advertisements

WRG, I think you owe Ceili723 for your find. She's the one who posted the info for you. I just happen to add my 2 cents. We love the place and are counting the days until we move in - 4 more days!!!!! Maybe we'll be neighbors.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:08 PM

2,547 posts, read 6,152,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Raleigh_Guy View Post
The ride was great!!!! I cannot believe how much is right in that area, all within a walk or a bike ride. Whole Foods is right around the corner!!!!! There is beautiful country farms right behind the townhomes. Stone Creek seems to be almost surrounded by Prestonwood Country Club, which makes for a beautiful bike ride. There are also many parks in the immediate area.
Where is the Whole Foods? I thought the only one in Cary was over at Waverly Place. We've been driving all the way into Raleigh to go to the Ridge and Wade one.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 PM

103 posts, read 68,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Where is the Whole Foods? I thought the only one in Cary was over at Waverly Place. We've been driving all the way into Raleigh to go to the Ridge and Wade one.

Sorry, my bad. It is a Fresh Market at the corner of Cary Parkway and Waldo Rood (sp?). I always get the two confused. Good stuff though.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
WRG, I think you owe Ceili723 for your find. She's the one who posted the info for you. I just happen to add my 2 cents. We love the place and are counting the days until we move in - 4 more days!!!!! Maybe we'll be neighbors.

Please let us know how you like it once you are in. That's the best way to find out about a development.

Thanks to Ceili723, also. That's two people I owe now.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:25 PM

492 posts, read 1,916,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I cannot believe how much is right in that area, all within a walk or a bike ride. Whole Foods is right around the corner!!!!!
HUH? Whole Foods is over at Tyron and Kildare Farms.... is that "right around the corner" or is there a new Whole Foods I don't know about?

Fresh Market (Cary Parkway @ Waldro Rood) is closer to Stone Creek than is Whole Food!

(5 minutes later: OOPS....someone already asked this question. My bad....)

Old 05-26-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_newcomer View Post
HUH? Whole Foods is over at Tyron and Kildare Farms.... is that "right around the corner" or is there a new Whole Foods I don't know about?

Fresh Market (Cary Parkway @ Waldro Rood) is closer to Stone Creek than is Whole Food!

(5 minutes later: OOPS....someone already asked this question. My bad....)

That's okay. It was my bad I just posted about having the wrong name to the store. That's what happens when you ride a bike all day long. You get tired.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:49 PM

245 posts, read 728,034 times
I think that the point about resale values of townhomes vs. single family homes is somewhat valid in some markets, but really, Stone Creek seems like the kind of upscale development where people are choosing the no-maintenance townhome lifestyle, not choosing TH because they can't afford detached. I would definitely veer away from subdivisions that are a combo of townhouses and houses, because then you would run into those dreaded KIDS that are attached to parents that plan to live in TH til they can buy a house in the neighborhood.

Davis Park (near RTP) is also a development I have followed over time, the concept is fantastic, and in 10-20 years (or less?) hopefully the infrastucture will catch up (sidewalks, stores, dining, etc.), but right now I think you'd have a really nice home, but a really limited neighborhood.

Personally, if I was single and/or kid-free, Stone Creek would have great appeal over the sleepy subdivisions in the area. Plus, you have the "stumble home" factor.... Rudino's is opening a sports bar across the street, there's an Irish pub there too, and a couple of good dining options right in Stone Creek shopping plaza. Depending on the High House + Davis development ongoing litigation, there's also talk of a movie theater, hotel, offices, and an entire North Hills-ish complex going in.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:47 PM

38 posts, read 91,589 times
I think I might try to buy in Stone Creek WRG. Let me know what your address will be so I can get right next to you. I have a 3yo and 18mo BOYS. Plus a couple of older girls, one of which is in elementary. And she's just as loud if not louder.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 AM

245 posts, read 728,034 times
OMG, GMMP, let's start a playgroup! I can live on the other side with my 3 young kids. We can get screened porches out back and just yell to each other when we want to make plans!!

In other news, there's also another townhouse development going up on Davis across from the Morrisville Parkway (I think that's the name.) It's on the left if you were going toward RTP. I know nothing about it, but again, central location and nice sidewalks.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:28 AM

3,744 posts, read 9,442,249 times
Default kiddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceili723 View Post
OMG, GMMP, let's start a playgroup! I can live on the other side with my 3 young kids. We can get screened porches out back and just yell to each other when we want to make plans!!

In other news, there's also another townhouse development going up on Davis across from the Morrisville Parkway (I think that's the name.) It's on the left if you were going toward RTP. I know nothing about it, but again, central location and nice sidewalks.
I'd welcome both of you in Stone Creek! My daughter/grandchildren live in China and I miss them terribly. I can be a surrogate Nana!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary