Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:57 PM

245 posts, read 809,133 times

Advertisements

I'm glad you liked Stone Creek.

Yes, ljd, we had a fast and furious love affair with Providence Place when we first toured it. Houses are very nice. My husband and I (ok, mostly me) are very promiscious (sp?) when it comes to love affairs with houses/neighborhoods. This has made it very tough to commit. But in all seriousness, it's the walkability factor.... which is quality of life, not gas prices... and the High House/Cary Parkway/Davis Drive/Waldo Rood/Jenks Carpenter area has some great infrastructure for that. The sidewalks are pretty good, and the greenway system is great.....

Old 05-26-2008, 05:50 AM

103 posts, read 98,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceili723 View Post
I'm glad you liked Stone Creek.

Yes, ljd, we had a fast and furious love affair with Providence Place when we first toured it. Houses are very nice. My husband and I (ok, mostly me) are very promiscious (sp?) when it comes to love affairs with houses/neighborhoods. This has made it very tough to commit. But in all seriousness, it's the walkability factor.... which is quality of life, not gas prices... and the High House/Cary Parkway/Davis Drive/Waldo Rood/Jenks Carpenter area has some great infrastructure for that. The sidewalks are pretty good, and the greenway system is great.....

I am going to take my bike over there today to ride around the entire area. Should be fun and who knows what I will discover.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:27 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,420,100 times
Enjoy your ride WRG. I drive through Stone Creek at least twice a day. I'm worried that the residents may think I'm casing the place! Ride up High House through Bond Park, it is truly beautiful, with a lake, boating, fishing, paths, ballparks etc. Then, on your way back, stop at Goodberry's and have a frozen custard. mmmm.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,715 times
I've been following this thread closely...on one side Stone Creek is very impressive, but there are several new and pre owned single family home communities within 5 mile radius selling for same or less price than what stone creek is asking for. What would be the resale market for this townhome community as compared to SFH in the same area...2-3 yrs down the line. Realtors have been telling thats its a greater risk to own a TH whose price is higher than SFH in the surrounding areas....how much is that important to u?

Old 05-26-2008, 09:22 AM

My husband and I originally contracted to build a new home in a nearby subdivision but cancelled when we found Stone Creek. We are in our 50's and empty nesters so the idea of town home living was very appealing to us. I can tell you that the prices in Stone Creek have held fairly well. We're paying close to 20K more than the original owner paid in July 2006. I know this from searching the Wake County Real Estate Records. Resale is not on my mind currently, as we plan to remain there for a long time. There are several townhome communities in the area - we looked at most of them, but in our opinion none held a candle to Stone Creek in the way of interiors, architecture, landscaping and location.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
My husband and I originally contracted to build a new home in a nearby subdivision but cancelled when we found Stone Creek. We are in our 50's and empty nesters so the idea of town home living was very appealing to us. I can tell you that the prices in Stone Creek have held fairly well. We're paying close to 20K more than the original owner paid in July 2006. I know this from searching the Wake County Real Estate Records. Resale is not on my mind currently, as we plan to remain there for a long time. There are several townhome communities in the area - we looked at most of them, but in our opinion none held a candle to Stone Creek in the way of interiors, architecture, landscaping and location.
Did you check out the townhouse in Stone Water? I'm curious as to what your opinions are comparing the two.

Vicki

Old 05-26-2008, 09:53 AM

Hi Vicki - yes, we looked everywhere. The townomes were very nice inside but I wasn't crazy about the exteriors. We felt they were a bit out of the way and building in Stonewater is supposed to continue for the next 3-5 years, according to the sales agent who was very nice. We liked the fact that Stone Creek was almost completed. Also, we felt that when completed, Stonewater will be larger than what we want. We also looked at their Patio Homes which we loved. We were very impressed by the upgrades that were standard with Lennar. Then we looked at The Brownstones in Amberly, they were incredible but were also quite a bit more money (we bought a re-sale in Stone Creek, one of the "middle units", not the largest and most expensive. Amberly was also too spread out for us.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,769,505 times
We drove into Amberly yesterday on the way over to the Streets of Southpoint area. It was the first time I'd seen those brownstones. Absolutely beautiful. Then we saw the pool and were amazed. Wow. Something out of a resort hotel. (But we noticed it was extremely crowded. Kind of made us wonder what it would be like once the buildout is complete for the neighborhood). We wanted to stop and see the model, but were in a hurry so will have to do another time.

We actually just drove through Stone Creek Village in a few minutes ago coming back from breakfast at Brueggers. We toured the models a while back. It is a very impressive development. Location is very good. Easy commute to RTP. Close to Bond Park, Cary YMCA, and the White Oak Greenway (one of my new favorite things), plus all the shops. While there are many townhomes I wouldn't consider due to resale concerns, I wouldn't hesitate at all to purchase one of these instead of a SFH.

If you are not in a hurry, you might wait and pay attention to other things going up around NC 540 and 55, like the Alston Activity Center. This will be even close to RTP and have much more retail than Stone Creek (should compare to Brier/Beaver Creek).

Old 05-26-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpockets View Post
I've been following this thread closely...on one side Stone Creek is very impressive, but there are several new and pre owned single family home communities within 5 mile radius selling for same or less price than what stone creek is asking for. What would be the resale market for this townhome community as compared to SFH in the same area...2-3 yrs down the line. Realtors have been telling thats its a greater risk to own a TH whose price is higher than SFH in the surrounding areas....how much is that important to u?
They may be the same or less for same square footage, but do they have the same upgrades inside and ammenities near by? It seems that Stone Creek has a lot going for it, as it is actually in the village, rather than a car ride to get to it. I think it's the old realtors Location Location Location thing.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Enjoy your ride WRG. I drive through Stone Creek at least twice a day. I'm worried that the residents may think I'm casing the place! Ride up High House through Bond Park, it is truly beautiful, with a lake, boating, fishing, paths, ballparks etc. Then, on your way back, stop at Goodberry's and have a frozen custard. mmmm.

The ride was great!!!! I cannot believe how much is right in that area, all within a walk or a bike ride. Whole Foods is right around the corner!!!!! There is beautiful country farms right behind the townhomes. Stone Creek seems to be almost surrounded by Prestonwood Country Club, which makes for a beautiful bike ride. There are also many parks in the immediate area.

I also like the location within the Triangle. Just a few miles south is all the shopping in Apex. A few miles north is where all the shopping buildout will be at 540/55. Just to the east is all the shopping in Cary. I better get another credit card.

Stone Creek seems to be right in the middle of it all. Thanks ljd1010. I owe you one on this find. I still would like to compare it to other communities like it though. It's just a matter of are there any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary