U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:57 PM

103 posts, read 69,036 times

Advertisements

How can one find the perfect or close to perfect home when they like so many different aspects to homes. Here is my list of what I like and don't like, some of which conflict with each other. I can see myself living one way today and another way tomorrow, so I am trying to combined all into one. Where in the western half of the Triangle can I find the perfect home? Renting is not an option. I am only talking about a purchase.
  • Do not want to be in a downtown city type environment.
  • Want to be close to everything (walking distance to a lot), such as restaurants, shops, walking trails, ponds etc.
  • Prefer private(ish) lot.
  • Kind of like the idea of townhome type living, where all yard maintenace is done and neighborhoood looks evenly & well maintained.
  • Want high appreciation rate over time.
  • Want some unique architecture.
  • Want all stone & brick or textured vinyl.
  • Want a country feel out my front or back door.
  • Want many different roads to get where I am going. Don't want to be stuck having to take one road.
  • Want to be fairly close to RTP (no more than 20 minutes away).
  • Don't want to live north of RTP.
  • Prefer less kids in neighborhood.
  • Want low real estate taxes.
  • Want newer type home.
  • Must have irrigation throughout community.
  • Must be a safe area.
  • Must have sidewalks everywhere.
  • At least pretty good schools, but does not have to be top 1%. This is soley for resale purposes.
  • Will consider all price ranges.
I am not asking for too much, am I?

Old 05-24-2008, 05:58 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,446,137 times
From what I've read from your previous posts - you forgot one important criteria:

White collar area

Old 05-24-2008, 06:16 PM

261 posts, read 1,078,758 times
Default Realistic expectations...you'll find 75% of what you are seeking.

The low taxes/high appreciation ship has sailed and none of us got onboard. Let those two wishes go Have you considered Olde Raleigh Villas?

Old 05-24-2008, 06:58 PM

245 posts, read 728,250 times
Most of your criteria can be met at the townhomes at Stone Creek Village in Cary off of High House Rd. Google for more info. I think they are very pretty, the sidewalk situation is good, greenways and Tobacco Trail are very close, and the commute to RTP is ~15 minutes (either Davis or 55.)
The private lot might be a stretch, but they have nice screened patios, etc.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
From what I've read from your previous posts - you forgot one important criteria:

White collar area

I believe most areas within 20 minutes of RTP (south) will be white collar, so that is a given. I really don't care if it is white collar, I just want it orderly, clean & maintained.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNCGirl View Post
The low taxes/high appreciation ship has sailed and none of us got onboard. Let those two wishes go Have you considered Olde Raleigh Villas?

I guess I should clarify that part. High appreciation for this part of the country. I never expect to get the rate of return that other parts of the country received, but then again I don't expect a major depreciation here like other parts of the country have going on now either.

I figure taxes are low in all the towns here compared to many other parts of the country, so I would just like to get the low of the low. Just call me greedy.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceili723 View Post
Most of your criteria can be met at the townhomes at Stone Creek Village in Cary off of High House Rd. Google for more info. I think they are very pretty, the sidewalk situation is good, greenways and Tobacco Trail are very close, and the commute to RTP is ~15 minutes (either Davis or 55.)
The private lot might be a stretch, but they have nice screened patios, etc.

I looked that up and it is a shopping plaza. The shops looks nice, but are you saying it is a neighborhood near the shopping plaza? If so, what is the name of the development, so I can look it up. Where in relationship to Cary Parkway is it? I know Cary Parkway, so I would be coming up from the south.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:21 PM

2,408 posts, read 9,669,034 times
Stone Creek Village is a residential townhome development built by Centex that is adjacent the shopping plaza. It is on High House Rd. at Davis Dr., west of Cary Pkwy.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:33 PM

997 posts, read 4,162,106 times
The shopping plaza is Stone Creek. It is on High House/Davis Drive. It is one intersection up heading West from Cary Parkway/High House.

Something else that comes to mind is Cary Park. They have townhomes, walking trail, lake, and new shopping within walking distrance, close to RTP. It doesn't meet all of your criteria though but more than half on the list.

There are also some Townhomes in Preston across from the Preston Walk Shopping Plaza.

Brier Creek Country Club

Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
The shopping plaza is Stone Creek. It is on High House/Davis Drive. It is one intersection up heading West from Cary Parkway/High House.

Something else that comes to mind is Cary Park. They have townhomes, walking trail, lake, and new shopping within walking distrance, close to RTP. It doesn't meet all of your criteria though but more than half on the list.

There are also some Townhomes in Preston across from the Preston Walk Shopping Plaza.

Brier Creek Country Club

Thanks. I will be burning up some gas this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary