U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:50 AM

3,861 posts, read 9,281,603 times

Advertisements

I have known the builder of those houses since our high school days. Good guy, and great product. I actually inspected a home on Fawn Hoof just a few days ago and it did real well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 PM

579 posts, read 2,618,606 times
Those are off of Adcock road, right? That technically is holly springs once you are at the end of adcock. I work out that way believe it or not. Now, that area is gorgeous and yes, so are those houses! It feels so country and peaceful out there but you are 5-10 minutes from shopping and dining in Holly Springs and Fuquay. You are about 15-25 minutes from Apex/Cary if you need more shopping and dining than FV and HS can offer right now (but just wait!). If you can land a job in FV, HS, Apex or Cary (and yes they do exist), than FV and HS are ideal locations for lots of folks. Not EVERYONE works or will work in RTP itself. If you have to work in RTP, than you may not appreciate being so far out from there. Although, some people don't mind commuting to have a nicer home a little removed from the hustle and bustle. It's all personal choice! Good Luck in your search!

Old 05-26-2008, 01:43 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,447,588 times
The sales agent tried to tell DH and I that it only took about 30-35 minutes to get to Duke/Durham. That is WAY off because it took 10-15 minutes to get back to Rt 55, then we saw a sign on 55 that read: Durham 30 miles! And that is with no traffic! The first home I decribed was really so beautiful though, makes me wish I was still home with younguns....it's there for the taking for the right person. If anyone on the forum buys it, please invite me over!

Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 PM

277 posts, read 708,154 times
Ok, I feel dumb for asking this, but what does DH mean? (she's referring to her husband in above post)

Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,216,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC gal (aka Oregon gal) View Post
Ok, I feel dumb for asking this, but what does DH mean? (she's referring to her husband in above post)

darling husband or dear husband (or if you are mad at them - think of Richards' head LOL)

Ds - dear son
dd - dear daughter
dw - dear wife

Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM

286 posts, read 587,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC gal (aka Oregon gal) View Post
Thanks - I've been too embarrassed to ask that question ... I've been lurking on forums for a long time and could not figure out what the "d" stood for.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM

9,680 posts, read 23,503,930 times
Dear Husband

Old 05-30-2008, 06:56 PM

4,958 posts, read 10,370,115 times
or Dorky Husband

Old 05-30-2008, 08:47 PM

15 posts, read 36,911 times
Any thing in particular that you liked in Fuquay or Holly Springs?
I am looking for a Single Family Home in 200K-250K range and visiting the Raleigh area next week. Please let us know if you liked anything in particular. I am focussing more on Norther Foquay so that I am bit closer to RTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC to NC View Post
I checked out the homes online and they are beautiful! Although the kitchens seem small for the price, the lot sizes are big! You can find custom homes with all the extras as you mentioned just as beautiful all over Fuquay! That's why we moved here, plus we couldn't afford Cary which I love too. You can even find just as nice homes in Fuquay as Whitetail for less money (South Lakes, Lakestone Village, etc) but the lot sizes aren't as big. Glad you shared the tip with everyone!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:51 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,216,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInRaleigh View Post
Any thing in particular that you liked in Fuquay or Holly Springs?
I am looking for a Single Family Home in 200K-250K range and visiting the Raleigh area next week. Please let us know if you liked anything in particular. I am focussing more on Norther Foquay so that I am bit closer to RTP.
Try looking at Ballentine off Sunset Lake or over by Wake Tech CC - and by Fuquay Elementary - and Five Points (Willow Spring area). I don't have many specifics to help you further
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary