U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:49 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,437,692 times

Advertisements

My DH and I took a ride today to see other parts of the Triangle. We ventured through Holly Springs and Fuquay Varina. We followed some new development signs, and came upon a hidden treasure called WhiteTail Farms. It is a small out of the way community of upscale homes by a custom builder. There was one home which was one of the Parade of Homes on Fawn Hoof Trail. Most of the inventory homes were Open Houses and we went inside this particular one. It was INCREDIBLE - extremely well built with unbelievable upgrades. The home has intricate detail work, high end custom gourmet kitchen, .88 acre lot backing up to woods and a pond, etc etc. I was floored by the price - $399,900!!! There were other homes listed from $299,900-349,000. The first home, if in Cary would be in the range of 550-600K, and if in RI (where I came here from, probably more like 800-900K. This is really just an FYI for anyone who may be looking for a beautiful home in a more country setting. The sales agent told me it is a Holly Springs address but is really on the line of Holly Springs and Fuquay. If I still had children at home and didn't have to commute to Durham, this would be my dream home. This may sound like a sales pitch, it truly isn't. I am brand new here and just wanted to pass along this find to anyone who may looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 05:28 PM

84 posts, read 328,753 times
I checked out the homes online and they are beautiful! Although the kitchens seem small for the price, the lot sizes are big! You can find custom homes with all the extras as you mentioned just as beautiful all over Fuquay! That's why we moved here, plus we couldn't afford Cary which I love too. You can even find just as nice homes in Fuquay as Whitetail for less money (South Lakes, Lakestone Village, etc) but the lot sizes aren't as big. Glad you shared the tip with everyone!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:29 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,419,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I was floored by the price - $399,900!!! There were other homes listed from $299,900-349,000. The first home, if in Cary would be in the range of 550-600K, and if in RI (where I came here from, probably more like 800-900K.
Location, location, location.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:53 PM

103 posts, read 68,855 times
Quote:
My DH and I took a ride today to see other parts of the Triangle. We ventured through Holly Springs and Fuquay Varina. We followed some new development signs, and came upon a hidden treasure called WhiteTail Farms. It is a small out of the way community of upscale homes by a custom builder. There was one home which was one of the Parade of Homes on Fawn Hoof Trail. Most of the inventory homes were Open Houses and we went inside this particular one. It was INCREDIBLE - extremely well built with unbelievable upgrades. The home has intricate detail work, high end custom gourmet kitchen, .88 acre lot backing up to woods and a pond, etc etc. I was floored by the price - $399,900!!! There were other homes listed from $299,900-349,000. The first home, if in Cary would be in the range of 550-600K, and if in RI (where I came here from, probably more like 800-900K. This is really just an FYI for anyone who may be looking for a beautiful home in a more country setting. The sales agent told me it is a Holly Springs address but is really on the line of Holly Springs and Fuquay. If I still had children at home and didn't have to commute to Durham, this would be my dream home. This may sound like a sales pitch, it truly isn't. I am brand new here and just wanted to pass along this find to anyone who may looking.

Sounds like it would be a great place when it is time to retire and you want to buy something more affordable, yet still have a nice home.

Isn't it fun discovering all these new places.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:05 PM

14 posts, read 53,299 times
Yes, my husband and I traveled from CT to the Raleigh area over the last couple of days, and we mostly stayed in Fuquay Varina and Holly Springs. We loved it! Cary and Apex are just way too expensive, but are nice to be close to as far as driving in for shopping We liked the very northern tip of FV that shared the West Lake Schools....nice! There's a particular area called Brighton Forest off of Johnson Pond Rd that hit the nail on the head for us. I guess some would consider it "too far" from RTP, but seriously, it really wasn't. 15-20 min here or there, so not bad at all. Decent shopping in Apex and Cary nearby, too. We heard from locals how Fuquay used to be known, as well as Holly Springs, but that has changed dramatically, at least from what we've seen. The Harrington Grove area of Raleigh was nice, too, and we hear Dominion Park is also similar. I don't know.....I was only there for 2.5 days, and I don't see how you could go wrong in northern FV so close to Apex and Cary. This is coming from a mom of 3 kids and 1 on the way, so schools and a community-feel are very important to me.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:48 AM

5,357 posts, read 15,046,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smatus View Post
There's a particular area called Brighton Forest off of Johnson Pond Rd that hit the nail on the head for us. I guess some would consider it "too far" from RTP, but seriously, it really wasn't. 15-20 min here or there, so not bad at all. Decent shopping in Apex and Cary nearby, too.
Just to clarify so that others aren't confused. . . . .

Yes, you are no more than 20 minutes from Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, and FV shopping, restaurants, and entertainment if you live in Brighton Forest. However, you are AT LEAST 35 minutes from the absolute southern tip of RTP (Research Triangle Park).

Old 05-26-2008, 08:07 AM

1,841 posts, read 4,092,354 times
Quote:

My home was built by the same buiilder who is building all of the homes in Whitetail Farms, although in a different neighborhood.

I could not be more pleased with the home itself or the experience we had with the builder. His homes are incredibly well appointed and detailed at the price point.

Happy to answer specific questions with a PM.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 AM

113 posts, read 310,822 times
Default Homes in the $180 to $200 around apex

My wife and I moved here last yr and we are looking to buy a house. Does NC have any first time home buyers program or any help with getting you first house? We are looking in the Apex area and have a budget of about $180 to $200 price range. Any nice area’s in this range. Please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:12 AM

3,744 posts, read 9,437,692 times
MDreplant - you might want to create a new thread with your specific questions. There are plenty of real estate agents on this site who could provide you with great information.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:37 AM

168 posts, read 283,760 times
That area back there is lovely. My parents bought a home in that area in Hopson Downs off of Spence Farm Road and love their house. It is on an acre, custom built with all the extras and it was a very reasonable price. They wanted a more rural setting as that is what they are used to where they live now in the Hudson Valley in NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary