Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 03:18 PM

14 posts, read 58,692 times

Advertisements

Both are new developments in FV, and we loved them both. For our price range and size of home, these fit us best and they were nice custom built homes, which we loved! Question though, Avalon Springs seemed as if there were more older people there and not any families, which is not a big deal if you don't have a family, but we have 3 young kids and a 4th on the way! No park and pool is being built. Loved the houses, but it is on the other side of 401, which I'm not sure is good or bad? We loved the homes in Brighton Forest, too, but a bit more $$. Nice pool and playground area being built. This is on the other side of 401, closer to Apex and Cary, which we loved to be able to get somewhere a bit quicker, like restaurants and shopping. Hard to choose....any thoughts if you were relocating with 3 young kids and a baby on the way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 18,263 times
Brighton Forest is located closer to Cary, Apex, and Raleigh; in fact Brighton Forest has an Apex mailing address (27539) and is curently assigned to West Lake schools in Apex.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:32 AM

450 posts, read 1,350,056 times
I think either one would be a good choice. Avalon Springs is probably closer to convenience shopping in Fuquay (groceries, wal-mart, home depot, fast food etc), but is further from other shopping and entertainment in Cary, Apex and Raleigh (Target, malls, movie theaters, more varied restaurants, etc). With young kids myself, I personally would choose the neighborhood with a pool and playground if I could afford it, but I don't think Avalon Springs is a bad option.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM

6 posts, read 40,480 times
My pick is for Brighton Forest. We looked at both those subdivisions last spring when we were house hunting and I thought the same thing about Avalon Springs. In fact we referred it to a retirement community. We saw no children or even hints of children the few times we visited. No toys or bikes left outside. We always saw kids out when we went to Brighton Forest. We eventually ended up in Crooked Creek in FV but came thisclose to a house in Brighton. I still drive thru Brighton and love it!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
off-topic: how do you pronounce fuquay-varina? (my guess is FOO-kway vuh-REE-nuh.. how close am I?)

Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 PM

115 posts, read 381,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
off-topic: how do you pronounce fuquay-varina? (my guess is FOO-kway vuh-REE-nuh.. how close am I?)
You're close. That's what we thought when we first came down here. Our native born real estate agent corrected us. She said it is pronounced "FEW-kway vuh-REE-nuh".

Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times
neat! i wonder what the original namers had in mind...

Old 02-05-2009, 04:35 AM

115 posts, read 381,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciLittlePiggie View Post
neat! i wonder what the original namers had in mind...
Fuquay-Varina (http://www.fuquay-varina.com/resources-history.htm - broken link) was originally two separate towns - Fuquay Springs and Varina (go figure!).

"The hyphenated name, Fuquay-Varina, reflects the dual heritage of two communities and the story of a couple's romance that led to their marriage and the communities coming together."

Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM

249 posts, read 691,772 times
The name of the town is one reason we really did not want to live there. It just sounds wierd. Take Holly Springs..that just flows off your tongue and sounds like a great place to live and thats where we ended up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary