U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2008, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 4,351 times
Default Relocating for job with Wachovia downtown

What are some nice, family friendly (small kids) subdivisions that would not be a bad commute to Wachovia (Fayetteville Mall Rd)? We are looking to spend no more than 350,000 and would like a decent sized yard, not a postage stamp lot. Thanks in advance for everyones help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 AM

7,585 posts, read 9,632,395 times
$350K gives you a lot of choices; Brookhaven (near Crabtree Valley Mall)has nice big yards, mature landscaping, and is not a bad drive from downtown--but that's just one that came to mind off the top of my head.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 AM

10,197 posts, read 16,544,078 times
Just a quick search turns up about 75 houses so you should have no trouble finding something you really like.

I'd suggest to keep your commute down that you look at North Raleigh and South Cary, but there are quite a few other areas that may appeal to you, as well.

I used to be a customer service rep for Wachovia and still bank with them!

Vicki

Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 AM

Thanks a lot! Any subdivisions you'd recommend?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM

7,748 posts, read 8,824,205 times
A $350,000 guide with a large lot is not enough information to make suggestions. How big of a house do you want? Do you want an established neighborhood (more likely to get a large lot) or do you want new? Are you willing to update something yourself or do you want move-in ready? Is a short commute important? What do you consider to be a postage stamp lot? yadda, yadda, yadda...
The answers to these questions can change the type of house available to you in your price range.
If I were you, I'd look at areas that are just outside the Beltline (I-440) between Lake Boone Trail and Wake Forest Rd. This "arc" of established neighborhoods have some terrific homes with larger lots. Some will be renovated while others will need attention. In your price point, you can probably find sizable homes that need updating or smaller (under 2000 SF or so) that are either renovated, excellently located or both.
I'd search Meredith Woods, Brookhaven, North Hills, Quail Hollow and other neighborhoods in 27609, 27607 or 27612. If you stay south of Millbrook road in 27609 or close to Crabtree in either 27607 or 27612, your commute should be pretty easy to downtown.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 AM

99 posts, read 202,376 times
You can also look south of the city out in the county. The commute will be fairly painless. Take a look at Turner Downs and King's Ridge.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:15 AM

Thanks everyone for the information. We have decided that if we do move to Raleigh then we are investing in our dream house (with upgraded appliances, hard wood floors, nice size lot and in a good neighborhood for kids). We initially had looked into the Wake Forest area but I'm scared about the commute and traffic on Capital. I will definitely look into everyones suggestions. Thanks again!

Old 05-28-2008, 12:45 PM

80 posts, read 142,759 times
A lot depends on what kind of commute time you are looking for. I think you will have a hard time finding your "dream home" with all of the modern amenities inside the beltline or close in to ITB at the price point you are searching for.

I would avoid any place that involved commuting on Capital Blvd., jmo.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:55 PM

427 posts, read 667,254 times
Turner Downs would be a great sub-d for you - with about a 20 min commute to downtown and 20 mins from Cary. Has a neighborhood pool but you can also put an in-ground one in if you desire (I know someone there who has!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary