U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 11:58 AM

59 posts, read 116,873 times

Advertisements

We have recently visited the Raleigh area, and solidified our plans to move early next year.

One thing we are looking for is a short term appartment rental in Cary. Something in the 3-6 month range while we look for a house. We rather not be rushed while choosing, so figure an appartment would work great. 1 bedroom would be sufficient. Must have a method of getting an internet connection for remote work.

Obivously looking for something reasonably priced as opposed to staying in a hotel for that amount of time.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 PM

488 posts, read 1,376,051 times
When we first moved to the area we rented in Cary at Harrison Grande for 5 months until we purchased a house. They are not the most Grande of apartments but they have short term leases, allow large dogs (they have a fenced dog park area on site) and they are located on the greenway so it worked well for us.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 PM

150 posts, read 447,020 times
Hi there,

We did the same thing that you are planning to do (moved here and rented while looking for a home to purchase). We rented a 3 bedroom apt. at the Weston Lakeside Apartments in Cary, along Lake Crabtree. We loved it. They have 1-3 bedrooms available for 1, 3, 6 mo and 1 yr leases. They will furnish the apartment for a fee if you need it. I telecommute and it worked out perfectly for me. It is close to everything you might need too.

Best of luck to you in your plans and your move!
Christinabean

Old 05-28-2008, 02:52 PM

834 posts, read 1,485,502 times
We rented for 6 months (which turned into 9) at Hyde Park Apartments of Maynard in Cary and were really happy there.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinabean View Post
Hi there,

We did the same thing that you are planning to do (moved here and rented while looking for a home to purchase). We rented a 3 bedroom apt. at the Weston Lakeside Apartments in Cary, along Lake Crabtree. We loved it. They have 1-3 bedrooms available for 1, 3, 6 mo and 1 yr leases. They will furnish the apartment for a fee if you need it. I telecommute and it worked out perfectly for me. It is close to everything you might need too.

Best of luck to you in your plans and your move!
Christinabean

Wow, this one looks really nice and priced pretty reasonably. Thank you! I particularly like the fact it has a washer and dryer in the smaller units as well!

Old 05-28-2008, 03:48 PM

3,744 posts, read 9,445,186 times
Also check out Vista at the Park,. right on Rt 55 in Cary. Very nice 1,2 or 3 BR. Great clubhouse w/24 hr gym, business center etc. Large pool, pet friendly, 5 minutes to RTP. They will do 6 month leases as well.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 AM

Thanks to all who responded, as this definitely gives us some great leads. I appreciate all your help

Old 06-01-2008, 07:45 PM

27 posts, read 60,391 times
The lease breakage clause is very flexible in some apartments. Try camden west apartments, there lease breakage was the most flexible....Attached is a link of apartment i visited last month..

Google Maps

hope this helps.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:21 AM

492 posts, read 1,916,782 times
I stayed in Hyde Park, off Maynard for 4 months last summer (had a 6 month lease, but closed on a house.) I ended up only having to pay for 2 weeks that I didn't live there, as they were able to re-rent it right away.

Basically, their rule was: you are obligated to cover the rent for the duration of your lease, unless they can re-rent it to someone else.

Very nice folks, very clean, very quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary