Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM

14 posts, read 32,372 times

Advertisements

Family of 5, relocating to NC and we would like to know a kids friendly community close to Raleigh, with A+ schools, affortable housing to rent, with stores close like groceries, pharmacies and dept. stores. We have small babies so we are looking for a low crime and close place to the city.
I would like to have any kind of opinions!!!!!! whats good and whats bad

thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 10:33 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,172 times
First, take a deep breath...............

okay, let's not panic. There's a lot to choose from! First, where will you be working? Especially with 5 babies, you don't want an hour commute, which from one end of Raleigh to the other, could happen.

Wake County has great schools - www.wcpss.net, also check the test scores of individual schools at www.ncreportcards.com.

What kind of place are you looking for? house/townhouse/condo/apartment?
What's your price range?
What size home do you need? With a large family, how many bed/bath do you need? What square footage?
Do you need a garage?
When do you need to move?

This is a great area - where are you coming from? Scan these posts, there are a lot of people in similar situations, relocating here and looking for information. (and getting it!)

Good luck, and feel free to email or pm me for more info!

Old 01-05-2007, 04:54 PM

Well to start we are moving from Miami, FL and we are a young family, im 26 and my wife 24 and we have 3 babies 10month, 2years, 3years and we are looking for a better place to move alottttt affortable than Miami.

We would like to rent a house to start, 2 or 3 bed and my budget will be $900 and later if everything goes ok i will think on buying. my wife is a stay home mom and i will be getting a transfer from my job here, im a dialysis tech.
this are the clinics in Raleigh that ill be checking them out for a transfer by the beginning of April.
320 Gideon Creek Way, zip 27603
23 Sunnybrook Rd, zip 27610
3604 Bush St. zip 27609
835 South New hope Rd, zip 27610
5045 Old Raleigh Rd, zip 27511

But im very interested in communities info. and good and back feed backs about Raliegh
Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 05:33 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Will you work at just one clinic, or will you spend time in multiple locations?

You can have an easy commute from nice housing to any of these locations.
That frees you up to be near the schools you want and still not drive a long way to work.
I would say, pick the clinic and let the home follow that choice.
You might consider the Old Raleigh clinic location in Cary, as you could maybe live in Holly Springs, Cary or Apex. Great schools, easy commute.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:06 PM

Hi MikeJaquish my husband wants to pick a good place to live first and the he will choose the closest clinic to work, He is very concern in our kids school and a place they can play outsite but always keeping in mind that i needs to be in our budget. Are Cary Holly, Springs and Apex good places?
We are planning on a trip over there on February to see places. it would be great if we get help narrow our picks!!!

Old 01-05-2007, 06:32 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laizatupac View Post
Hi MikeJaquish my husband wants to pick a good place to live first and the he will choose the closest clinic to work, He is very concern in our kids school and a place they can play outsite but always keeping in mind that i needs to be in our budget. Are Cary Holly, Springs and Apex good places?
We are planning on a trip over there on February to see places. it would be great if we get help narrow our picks!!!
Wake County has one school district...each school is has it's pros and cons, but across the board they are good......and as long as you pick a home with a yard....kids can play outside and there are plenty of parks. All three of those you mention are good, and you may want to look at Wake Forest just north of Raleigh.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
[quote=laizatupac;253037]Hi MikeJaquish my husband wants to pick a good place to live first and the he will choose the closest clinic to work, He is very concern in our kids school and a place they can play outsite but always keeping in mind that i needs to be in our budget. Are Cary Holly, Springs and Apex good places?
We are planning on a trip over there on February to see places. it would be great if we get help narrow our picks!!![/QUOTE

Cary, Apex, and Holly Springs are all great towns for your needs.
Seriously.
Raleigh, too.
Including the playing outside. I do it all the time.
You may prefer one town over the other for personal reasons, but all four are really nice towns, and I think you will love the quality of life that any of them offer.
Your rental price point is a little tight but it will offer you some rental options, and if that is affordable, you should be able to buy when the time is right.
My point was that you will see your wants and needs are readily achievable, and you can include that Daddy won't have to drive an hour each way to give you the lifestyle you want.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 AM

553 posts, read 2,332,243 times
Hello! Welcome to the area. I have found that most neighborhoods have many kids and things to do for kids. Mainly I am speaking of Cary, Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay Varina. The closer to the city I would expect the prices to be a little more than the outlying areas. Fuquay Varina seems to be the most affordable but also the farthest. Holly Springs is a nice community but not as expensive as Cary, however prices of homes seem to be starting to increase in Holly Springs. I am sure there are other cities/towns nearby that offer affordable housing without a horrible commute. I think you will find what you are looking for in all of these cities and Raleigh for that matter. I think you will do just fine, no worries! I agree with Desdemona123, I think most schools in the county are good schools with pros and cons.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Thank you everybody for your great help! Ill be looking foward in those areas, if i need anything else to know feel free to tell me.

LaizaTupac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary