U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 08:41 PM

448 posts, read 716,869 times

Advertisements

I think it depends which Calvary Chapel you are talking about. I think Calvary Chapel in Cary is pretty big. I attend Calvary Chapel in Clayton and it is much smaller. But I find everyone very welcoming and it is definitely a diverse church. I like the fact that it teach to the word, verse by verse through the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 PM

2,492 posts, read 2,210,479 times
Crossroads matches all the description you want in a church. It is very diverse,wear shorts and flip flops. A freakin coffee bar.Welcoming but not pushy.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:09 PM

206 posts, read 294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azteacher721 View Post
I think it depends which Calvary Chapel you are talking about. I think Calvary Chapel in Cary is pretty big. I attend Calvary Chapel in Clayton and it is much smaller. But I find everyone very welcoming and it is definitely a diverse church. I like the fact that it teach to the word, verse by verse through the Bible.
Is the Calvary Chapel in Clayton multiracial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Crossroads matches all the description you want in a church. It is very diverse,wear shorts and flip flops. A freakin coffee bar.Welcoming but not pushy.
Could you possibly provide me the link to Crossroads? Is it this one? http://www.crossroads.org/

Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 AM

39 posts, read 51,473 times
I attend the Calvary New Harvest in Los Lunas and I find it to be quite friendly place to worship, and culturally diverse. And I must say that enjoy the services
Home

Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 PM

2,492 posts, read 2,210,479 times
That is the correct web link for Crossroads. I noticed you mentioned a preference for racial diversity. I am going to say that it isn't 50/50. But there are a good number of African american,African,Hispanic and Asian members. There are many mixed couples and children. I am not saying its a perfect utopia but it matches all the things you asked for. Its not the kind of church that people are going to turn around and look because your black or a mixed couple or just because you are new. No one will notice you or treat you any different then people who go every week. They are a large church . There are 2 different Sunday services. I prefer the latter. They have the main chapel and then the lounge where you can watch via big screen. Its so much to list. I encourage you to give it a try. Please excuse typos as I'm on a mobile device.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:27 PM

448 posts, read 716,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Is the Calvary Chapel in Clayton multiracial?

Could you possibly provide me the link to Crossroads? Is it this one? Crossroads Fellowship
Yes, I would definitely say Calvary Clayton is multiracial. Everyone seems very welcoming there. We have been attending since the week we moved here back in July 2012. Here is the link to Calvary Chapel Clayton. Not that it matters but my husband and I are a multi-racial couple. That always seems strange because we are both from the human race
Calvary Chapel Clayton

Old 12-08-2013, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,227 times
For those seeking a racially diverse non-denominational fellowship and a loving, relaxed atmosphere, I Would recommend Grace Bible Fellowship in Cary. In Pastor Pearts' messages, Scripture is read and explained using other Scriptures as References, So that all can understand. Praise Team and Music are very uplifting. Worship Services - Sundays, 8:30am & 11:00am. 919-468-4590. For more info > www.gbf-nc.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary