Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:49 PM

41 posts, read 223,588 times

Advertisements

Been BACK in Raleigh for about 7 months, just closed on our house and need to find a church! Diversity is important to us, along with a "come as you are" atmosphere. Crossroads and Hope Community seem to get good reviews. Are they both pretty diverse?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 08:52 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
I visited Calvary Chapel (it's in Apex) last week and would highly recommend it when the senior pastor is there (I believe he's away on missions this coming month). Another church to look at is Kings Park (KPIC) in Durham, which is also very diverse.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Crossroads is very diverse but its giant size may not be for all. Chuck Milian is a great preacher.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:22 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times
We haven't been but friends' swear by Unity Triangle and Unity of Raleigh churches...both have websites if you google for them. Both in Raleigh.

Lauren

Old 05-31-2008, 02:39 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
I visited Calvary Chapel (it's in Apex) last week and would highly recommend it when the senior pastor is there (I believe he's away on missions this coming month). Another church to look at is Kings Park (KPIC) in Durham, which is also very diverse.
The Calvary Chapel is a terrific one! I haven't been to King's Park, but thx for the head's up. I live in Durham, but did not know of that one. I guess because we were looking for Calvary.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:17 PM

89 posts, read 306,430 times
Smile Both!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wufpak27 View Post
Been BACK in Raleigh for about 7 months, just closed on our house and need to find a church! Diversity is important to us, along with a "come as you are" atmosphere. Crossroads and Hope Community seem to get good reviews. Are they both pretty diverse?

thanks!

Ive been in touch ongoing with another person moving to Raleigh on churches as well. Shes been going back with her husband whos a pastor for a few years, several times a year....and she recommended both of the ones you mention. Those are the two she told me about
My husband and I are moving from Michigan to Raleigh the end of August and have been researching things as well. Let me know what you think of them both if you try one. She really thought with the church I went to before when I lived near her in Cali, id love Hope Community since its a laid back, geared for "casual and kick back". Which is what we are used to. Good Luck ! let me know if you picked one and how it was

Old 05-31-2008, 07:42 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
We attended Crossroads 8 years. It grew a lot in that time and just became too big for us.

Many classes, great teaching, and neat audiovisual experiences.

See if it's for you.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
You don't say what denomination you are, but what about Unitarians, such as the Eno River UU Fellowship in Durham or the UU Fellowship of Raleigh? They are among the least judgmental of churches I've encountered--also, Pullen Memorial Baptist (yes, Baptist) is very, VERY accepting, in Raleigh, as are Calvary Methodist in Durham and Binkley Memorial in Chapel Hill.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 AM

98 posts, read 511,968 times
I would look into a Baha'i Unity Center. There is one in Raleigh I believe. I have yet to check it out myself. They believe in unity of all religions, races and classes.

This is from the website:
Baha'i Unity Center in Raleigh, North Carolina
The teachings of the Bahá’í Faith are intelligent and progressive. Fanaticism is forbidden, and Bahá’ís are counselled to prefer others to themselves. These are among the animating principles of this fast-emerging faith community:
Oneness: one God, one Humankind, and one Evolving Faith
Elimination of all forms of prejudice
Complete equality of women and men in all aspects of human society
Belief that truth is one and, therefore, scientific and religious truths are in harmony
Universal compulsory education for all children throughout the world
Establishment of a world language that everyone will learn in addition to their native language
World peace through world governance
Elimination of the extremes of wealth and poverty
Free and independent investigation of truth by every individual

It would be worth checking out.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:03 PM

10 posts, read 32,960 times
I would highly recommend North Raleigh Church of Christ as well. I love it, and find it to be diverse and very, very friendly. Great classes for adults and children, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary