U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 11:48 PM

43 posts, read 167,197 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how much RN's are being paid in Raleigh area? Which hospital pays more? And how much is the weekend and night differential? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 04:23 AM

3,744 posts, read 9,437,692 times
Hi there - husband and I are both nurses (I'm an NP, he's and RN) and relocated here 6 weeks ago. Not sure where you are coming from but we came here from RI and husband took a 30% paycut. First of all, there are plenty of nursing positions. The salaries vary from around $20/hr upwards to about $32/hr. Duke and Rex offered the lowest, WakeMed the highest starting salaries. My salary was actually a bit higher than in RI. My DH is working at Durham Regional which is a Duke affiliate. He really liked the hospital, the manager etc. although he could have made a bit more at WakeMed. His differential for nights is around $4.50/hr. Not certain about weekend diff (he's still on orientation). He really liked the benefit package Duke offered. I recently met someone who is working nights in the ER at WakeMed and it seems he was able to bargain for a higher salary - claims to be making over $40/hr with night differential. There are also relocation bonuses available and many hospitals offer 3-12hr shifts. All applications are now done online, go to each site and do a job search, fill out the application. Word of advice - apply early (before you venture here) as it takes the hospitals about 3 weeks to respond to your online application and call you for an interview. Hope this helps.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM

27 posts, read 97,049 times
Default RN pay rates

Hi! Wake Med pays $4/hour for evenings and $6/hour for nights (7p-7a gets 4 hours of evening differential and 8 hours of night differential). Weekend differential starts on Fiday at 7P and lasts until Monday at 7A and for night shift is your base rate times about 1.6. There is also a clinical ladder (two step) that adds to your hourly rate.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:12 PM

43 posts, read 167,197 times
Thank you very much for the quick and very informative reply. Actually I'm still here in Sumter, SC working as an RN in ER, I usually work weekends and night shifts. We are planing to move in NC by early next year, probably Feb.We went to NC last weekend to look for a house to build. I heard about Wake MED and the benefits .I am not aware that they offer Relocation bonuses. My contract here in Sumter will not end until January of 2009. I've been working here in Sumter as RN in ED for almost 3 years now plus my previous RN exp. in the Phils. I don't really know somebody in NC, but my husband and I want to relocate there because of their school reputation and i heard the place is wonderful for young families.Again thank you for the reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary