U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 02:15 PM

217 posts, read 490,460 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone owns a Centex home. We saw a model home and loved it. I wanted to know if anyone has been to The Pointe in Clayton. Let me know what your opinion is and what community you live in.
Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 04:14 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,842,801 times
We purchased in Grandale and love our Centex home.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 PM

431 posts, read 1,188,544 times
We viewed the Centex model over at The Pointe also......the home looked really nice....our problem was the sized of the common area upstairs......we have 3 boys ...13,10,5 and are used to a finished basement/playroom with all their things tv, air hockey, fuseball etc and there just wasnt enough room to use it as a bonus...

all the neighborhood kids were hanging out and it was really nice to see kids from 5 to 15 of different races all hanging out and enjoying each other......my boys wanted to join in on the football game......

did you take a look at the other subdivision that is attached to it......its called timber creek or tymber creek...cant remember spelling......the homes seemed nice also and were around $195 to $240's or so.....

Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 PM

I didn't actually see the Centex subdivision in Clayton, but I did see a Centex subdivision in east Raleigh because they had the model home I wanted to see. Although, I do not want to move to east Raleigh I figured the Centex community in Clayton would look the same. I will coming to Raleigh again in a few weeks, so I will be heading down to Clayton.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 PM

26 posts, read 72,064 times
We closed on a Centex home in Churchill (Knightdale) on Thursday and moved in on Friday. We absolutely love it! We've been working with them since January because we did a pre-sell. Their staff was absolutely fantastic from beginning to end; we had our house indpendently inspected and there were very few issues with the construction; and the floor plans and size are fantastic for the price.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:08 PM

The size and the floor plans are what really attracted me to Centex homes. I would have to say Anderson homes are my second choice, but the prices for Centex are great.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:18 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,842,801 times
We closed in December and we're still amazed at the quality of the home. Pinch me.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:05 PM

431 posts, read 1,188,544 times
I dont know what type of s/d your looking for....its not a large one I think they had like 12 or so homes built when we were down and already being lived in and I want to say they said there will be somewhere between 40-60 homes total.....All my paperwork is upstairs right now otherwise I could give you more accurate info....we looked at so many developments when we were down there, so I could be a little off on the #'s ...

The staff that was there when we did the walk thru were very nice,helpful,educated...as I said we really liked the home I just need a larger bonus room.....also they dont have a community pool but you are allowed to put one in yourself.......they have a large lake that separates the development from the other one I had mentioned timber creek. The two developments share an adjoining back road but the homes are by another developer (or actually possibly a few) might be worth taking a look at those also when you go to Clayton.....if you pull back out of the pointe and make a left the entrance will be right on your left....they had lots of different models and some had some nice upgrades...

As I said we were there for well over an hour speaking with the staff and looking around.....the families all seemed very friendly and there were lots of kids for the amount of families that were there and of all different ages...(they all seemed to get along and look out for one another) which was really nice to see....

The Pointe is right off of a main road from what I remember in a slightly rural area....compared to other areas we had looked on the east side of Clayton (42) but not as rural as others so I dont think the location is bad at all and the schools are supposed to be really good also....(not sure if ya have kids)

Good luck in your search

Old 05-31-2008, 10:09 PM

Jimnsue,

Thanks for the info. I will check out the area when I get back down to Raleigh in July.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:03 AM

673 posts, read 2,044,847 times
Thumbs up Centex Homeowner here!

Another happy Centex Homeowner here! Live in the same subdivision as amcjap in SW Durham. Love our home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary