U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 PM

103 posts, read 68,882 times

Advertisements

I just came back from the South Carolina coast and made one big discovery. Even the 95 to 100 degree temps we are having here cannot even compete with how it actually feels further south. The humidity is soooo thick down there that it is like a complete steam bath all day long. Contrast that with the Triangle area and it feels like a walk in the park here. Yes, our temps are up and the humidity will rise, but this is so much easier to take than what I experienced in SC. It was worse down there than anything this area had to offer all of last year and all this week. After having spent several days in SC, I will not complain about our heat or humidity as it is not bad at all when compared to some other parts of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:09 PM

22 posts, read 115,495 times
Amen! I am here on Daufuskie Island, SC, off of Hilton Head & it is SO humid out here. I was dreading my visit to Raleigh because of the high temperatures, but then I realized that the humidity won't be nearly as bad. Everything out here is damp - even first thing in the morning, you are sweating because it's so thick here. I'm looking forward to the break!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:15 PM

9 posts, read 31,629 times
I'm anxiously awaiting our move to Clayton, in no small part because I am miserable in the South Florida heat and humidity. Temps aren't going below 80 overnight, and you can almost wring your clothes out if you spend 5 minutes outside. Ack!

103 posts, read 68,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtoNC View Post
Amen! I am here on Daufuskie Island, SC, off of Hilton Head & it is SO humid out here. I was dreading my visit to Raleigh because of the high temperatures, but then I realized that the humidity won't be nearly as bad. Everything out here is damp - even first thing in the morning, you are sweating because it's so thick here. I'm looking forward to the break!

I was staying at Hilton Head!!! It's beautiful there, but I cannot imagine putting up with that steam bath. I came back to the Triangle today and was met with a refreshing 95 degrees. Who would have thought 95 degrees would actually feel refreshing?

183 posts, read 598,380 times
I lived down near Savannah for a year...yeah, that place in August is just stifling compared to here. After that I swore I'd never complain about the humidity here again!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 PM

3,155 posts, read 9,579,487 times
Default Hush!!!

With a title like that you will anger the heat and humidity gods who will evoke their wrath down on all of us... including those of us who are pasty, pale white from all those years of living under clouds. AND I CAN BARELY TAKE IT NOW. Don't go and tick them off like my hubby ticked off the rain gods before we left Oregon for NC. Yes, he is the reason we're in a drought... he bad mouthed the rain one too many times.

All of this is meant in good fun.... but I'm serious I can barely take the heat now. And it's only the beginning of June. That frying sound coming for South Durham is me.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
cmd

50 posts, read 115,185 times
You should try going to New Orleans. I'm a New Orleans native and what we are having now in NC is not nearly as bad as summers in New Orleans.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM

2,932 posts, read 6,714,982 times
Ugh maybe I should move north. Why can't I get used to this weather. Its not like I was born here...oh wait I was!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 PM

920 posts, read 2,513,275 times
I like heat and humidity. In early August 2005, I was in New Orleans for a few days and then went to Raleigh. Raleigh felt dry by comparison. I kid you not.

But I am one of those freaks who likes humidity. Most people say I'm crazy.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 PM

920 posts, read 2,513,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
All of this is meant in good fun.... but I'm serious I can barely take the heat now.
Aah! You Pacific Northwest pansy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary