U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2007, 07:45 AM

9,064 posts, read 18,327,477 times
Question Where can I find info on homes for sale in historic areas in Downtown Raleigh?

Where can I view online the homes listed for sale in some of the Historic areas of downtown Raleigh? They are out of my price range for now, but one day I may come into some money and would be interested in purchasing something closer to downtown in one of these areas and I would like to do some research on them now. Are these homes usually listed on the MLS or are they handled differently since they are historic and usually only appeal to a smaller demographic? I am still on my RE agentís company search website to view properties in the triangle, but I canít seem to search these specific neighborhoods for some reason. I often see for sale signs (Not FSBO) on homes in 5-points, Mordecai, Boylean Heights, Oakwood ectÖ but can never find anything about these properties on-line. I would love to know what they are going for these days as well as see some pictures to get an idea of how people have updated them over the years. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 AM

1,531 posts, read 5,171,310 times
They're posted on the MLS just like any others. Only a few small parts are actually on an official historic district designation, and the only thing different would be certain covenants on the property to keep it historically accurate/preserved. (But compared to suburban HOA covenants, they're not really that bad...lol.)

I do know of an agent around here who advertises as specializing in sales in and near downtown. I won't link here cuz I don't know if the mods allow it or not (advertising?)....so I'll PM it to you. (But public info sites like downtownraleigh.com and downtownraleigh.org both have more info/links/etc.)

Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 AM

19,386 posts, read 30,242,542 times
NRG,
Any Realtor in Wake County can put together an auto search for you that will cull listings that fit your criteria and email them to you daily as they change, or are newly listed. It is called "Prospect Gateway." It can be repetitive but can also be a powerful tool.
It's free, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary