Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 AM

251 posts, read 1,143,012 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had any experience with St. Lawrence homes? Or has anyone heard anything negative or positive about this builder?

Thanks for all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 08:54 AM

40 posts, read 224,506 times
My realtor rated St. Lawrence homes as the "cream of the crop" of all the builders. She loved their floorplans but moreso, the durability of the materials they used in building the home. They are her favorite builder. I would have liked to look into them, but it seems they are only buildling in the Wake Forest area these days which would be a tough commute on my husband. Good luck!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,464 times
St. Lawrance is a good builder. Great floor plans. There are some older homes built by them available in the Cary area as well. OfCourse we have helped several buyers in North Raleigh to build their St. Lawrence home. Good quality and workmanship.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:36 PM

15 posts, read 77,849 times
Hi,

We just moved into Springhill which is a St. Lawrence home. We just love it. Any problem and they have been right here. Problems very minimal. Spring Hill is located in Holly Springs right before you hit the Fuquary Varina line.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
A friend of mine owns a concrete company and works very closely with st. lawrence homes, he is friends with the owner. SO, based on what I have seen onsite at developments, and talking with my friend who works with many many different builders, I think they have quality construction. Yes, they are a large company, so you will not get the "hands on" experience you may get with a pure custom builder, they definitely do quality work.

Leigh

Old 01-12-2007, 09:57 AM

311 posts, read 887,919 times
We built with St. Lawrence in Wake Forest. We were fairly pleased in the building process (as it was our first). We liked that they were a 'local' company not a large national builder.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 9,924 times
We live in Springhill in Holly Springs. This St. Lawrence Home is really by Broadstreet Homes- which is affiliated with St. Lawrence.
Right now we are being sued by a vendor that did repair work covered under our one year warranty from the builder. The builder didn't pay the vendor. Since it was done in our home, we are being sued too!
Also, I guess to sell more homes, this builder advertised LOW homeowners dues. What we didn't realize is that the builder paid for two thirds of the expenses needed for the landscaping/upkeep of the neighborhood. NOW the Springhill community has taken over the HOA as expected. Unfortunately for us, we have to raise the home owners dues.....I doubt St. Lawrence will want to "give" us any money. Another bad thing is many homeowners here are AGAINST raising the dues.....They don't get it!!! Also, St. Lawrence has LEFT our community looking badly. The common areas are not landscaped-there are mountains of dirt covered with weeds! There is a house for sale that they left without putting a driveway in! There are unfinished sidewalks! And St. Lawrence Homes won't get back to us about these issues. I know the market is tough on builders now, but they have the equipment to fix some of these issues. I wonder if they will loan it to us? I can work a bulldozer!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:57 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,976 times
I have heard good things about them. Where are you considering buying one?

Interestingly, my one negative I see with them is that I actually don't care much for their floorplans. They are slightly less open, a little more traditional in nature. For some that's great, but it just is not my cup of tea.

Quality-wise, I often hear them recommended in the 300-600k price range with enthusiasm.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:17 PM

306 posts, read 1,136,647 times
Kateloe

A couple of builder friends recently told me that St. Lawrence have gone, or are close to bankruptcy. I like their product too, and visited their web site a few months ago. I found it odd that they hadn't updated the 'news' section since May 2007. This may explain some of the problems you are facing.

I hope I am wrong. They build some nice stuff.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:19 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M View Post
Kateloe

A couple of builder friends recently told me that St. Lawrence have gone, or are close to bankruptcy. I like their product too, and visited their web site a few months ago. I found it odd that they hadn't updated the 'news' section since May 2007. This may explain some of the problems you are facing.

I hope I am wrong. They build some nice stuff.
I have heard that same thing though I hope it is not true. Anyone else out there have more info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary