Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 3,098 times

Advertisements

Hi. First post. We moved from the OC last year & loving it here. We do occasionally miss our in-n-out and sam woo in Irvine. But I admit living here in Cary is a no-brainer. Although I am having issues with wake county, I love where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 04:43 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
Nomad99's advice was 'stay put in CA', but your post narrows it down to San Francisco. Why?
Because the OP said they were moving from the SF area. I was discussing carbon foot print which another poster brought up, not the OP. So I can see where the confussion comes in.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:55 PM

478 posts, read 2,045,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Because the OP said they were moving from the SF area.
The OP currently lives in Santa Clara, which is 40-45 miles from San Francisco.

Still asking you why you are talking about San Francisco?

Quote:
I was discussing carbon foot print which another poster brought up, not the OP. So I can see where the confussion comes in.
You say, 'another poster brought up' - yes, this is the same poster (Nomad99) who recommended, 'stay put in CA' (NOT San Francisco, as your post went on to describe at length, non sequitar ('San Francisco is 2nd most dense city...')

Daniel Chang's posts reference his upbringing in the South Bay. Which is also not 'SF is 2nd most dense city in the country and you can walk just about anywhere'. Looks like he tried to explain this to you with examples of taking BART + bus travel home (peninsula).

Why did you post about San Francisco when Nomad99 brought up 1. smaller carbon foot print in CA, and 2. 'stay put in CA'?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 AM

10 posts, read 18,252 times
We lived in S. Cal./O.C. and moved to Cary. We were renting in Cary and right now we are temporarily in N. Raleigh (mom-in-laws house) looking to buy in Cary, Morrisville or Apex. I love Cary, reminded me of O.C. without the attitude (well mostly). Apex seems to have the lesser priced homes, then Morrisville then Cary. We have lived in Cary for 3.5 years and have really enjoyed it. Although, I think I will always miss Cali. I was a native, I miss the weather. Good luck to you! There's definitely lots of choices and I'm sure you'll find the homes out here "cheap" compared to California prices.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:56 AM

Default O.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHaze View Post
Hi. First post. We moved from the OC last year & loving it here. We do occasionally miss our in-n-out and sam woo in Irvine. But I admit living here in Cary is a no-brainer. Although I am having issues with wake county, I love where I live.

We lived in Tustin Ranch....what subdivision do you live in?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:00 AM

Being from O.C. Cali. I found that the only "cheaper" things out here in N.C. are the land and homes. Everything is "as expensive" or "more so" than Cali. Also, produce in addition to costing more is not very good compared to Cali. Restaurants appear to be higher priced here and less quality.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:18 PM

331 posts, read 1,310,887 times
Valmillercorl, I have to disagree. It may be different because I am from the SF Bay Area but I find a lot of things are less expensive. Gas, haircuts, a LOT of groceries...down to my newspaper subscription are cheaper. Even my gas and electric is a LOT less expensive here. I have not been to many restaurants but they seem to be about the same as California, maybe a little bit less.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:42 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
The OP currently lives in Santa Clara, which is 40-45 miles from San Francisco.

Still asking you why you are talking about San Francisco?

OP states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWorld View Post
Hello all,

We are moving from the SF bayarea at the end of July to the RTP area and are super excited! Reading from this forum, I know there are lots of Californians there. Where did you settle down (Cary, N.Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Hillsborough and so on)? Reasons as to why you chose one over the other would be great to know as well.

Thanks for your replies.
OP states they live in SF bayarea, thus I took that to mean they live in SF.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:28 PM

3 posts, read 3,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmillercorl View Post
We lived in Tustin Ranch....what subdivision do you live in?
Hi. We lived in the Quail Hill area. We actually sold our house in Northwood Pointe back in 2004. We tried to get back in the market but you know how"Hot" the market was. We decided to move here in Cary last year. We were renting for awhile then decided to buy in Amberly. Which neighborhood are you looking at?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:27 PM

478 posts, read 2,045,252 times
Quote:
OP states:

OP states they live in SF bayarea, thus I took that to mean they live in SF.
Whoops! Guess you won't make that mistake again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary