Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:19 AM

488 posts, read 1,553,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
Didn't heritage used to be zoned wake forest rolesville middle school - I guess that changed? I do know some of the yr middle schools were actually under utilized last year.
Yes, the sections that were redistricted from WFE to HE are still districted to WFRMS because they did not redistrict any middle schools last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 12:21 PM

351 posts, read 769,865 times
Thumbs up Very Nice Community

I also give a thumbs-up to Heritage. We've been living here for about 1 year and love the area. We moved 500 miles and couldn't ask for better neighbors throughout our section.

While it is a large subdivision it is broken down into many different areas which gives it a small town feel. The neighborhoods are active with block parties, weekend BBQs, etc. Then there are the larger HOA sponsored events such as the Egg Hunt, Picnic, Sleigh rides, etc. which offer a nice variety.

I also found that Heritage is not as "status driven" as some other areas. The people are down-to-earth and friendly.

My minor complaints....

1. They could do a better job with the upkeep of some of the common areas. The developers like to compare Heritage to the class of Wakefield, Bedford, Brier Creek, etc. IMO those subdivisions are better manicured in some areas. However, there is a lot of construction going in Heritage and hopefully the final touches will be put on these areas when the dust finally settles.

2. While the golf course is nice, it is still semi-private and does get overcrowded at times. Some Friday rounds have taken over 5 hours. The management does not seem to care, so long as they are "packing them in". Hopefully this too will improve as the club gets more members.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:47 PM

134 posts, read 606,824 times
Thanks to everyone for your replies!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:02 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,434,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljammer View Post
HI all,

I'm interested in what people know about the Heritage housing community in Wake Forest. Is it as good as they say? Any concerns? Would love to hear from people who live there or those who have moved from there on their thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!
My daughter has friends there, so I've been through the subdivision many times. Some of the resales have been on the market well over a year - so it may be time to "make a deal." The sellers of one home (daughters friend) say they get very little foot traffic (even though its a lovely golf course lot) - still a lot of competition for new homes or perhaps they overpaid in the first place. I've noticed the main feeder streets are very busy in the AM and PM as people make their way to and from work. Yes, as other people have mentioned the streets are very narrow and the houses are very close... We've parked on the street & I've worried about cars being able to get by when another car parked across from us. The pool is really nice & has a upper covered deck area. Harris Teeter in the neighborhood (although its never busy - whats up with that?) , banks, ice cream places restaurants, only a few miles to downtown WF, etc. Very close to the Factory - major plus. Schools nearby.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:51 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,769,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Oh you mean one of those blue porta-potties? Porta as in "Portable"? Meaning it is transported from location to location? So this particular porta-pottie could have previously been located at a construction site in downtown Raleigh, or perhaps it was used at a festival in Chapel Hill. I can see how a piece of graffitti on a portable object could provide insight about a neighborhood. Actually on second thought I really can't.

Give me a break.

Back to the Topic, I was in the Heritage area this past weekend. Looks to be a huge development, but it seems like they have done some good planning to provide a lot of ammenities to those who chose to live in that community.
The graffiti was new and the porta potties are there all summer. But sure, you can believe whatever you want.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,265,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
The graffiti was new and the porta potties are there all summer. But sure, you can believe whatever you want.
Yup, after reconsidering it I've decided I still believe it is silly to judge an area or neighborhood based on something I see scrawled on the inside of a "Johny on the Spot"!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I was just in the soccer fields there the other day, and there was some terrible anti-Mexican graffiti in the porta-potties. It was disgusting.

I think the whole area is sort of bland and boring, but I think that about most of outer Raleigh and Cary.
The porta - potties have been there for the 3+ years my daughter played for CASL on Smith Creek (actually a public park within Heritage). They (the porta potties) will be there for the duration or until the town of wake forest builds permanent restroom facilities.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
The porta potties are permanent b/c they are currently the only public restroom facilities at Smith Creek soccer fields.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 AM

32 posts, read 96,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by north_raleigh_guy View Post
oh You Mean One Of Those Blue Porta-potties? Porta As In "portable"? Meaning It Is Transported From Location To Location? So This Particular Porta-pottie Could Have Previously Been Located At A Construction Site In Downtown Raleigh, Or Perhaps It Was Used At A Festival In Chapel Hill. I Can See How A Piece Of Graffitti On A Portable Object Could Provide Insight About A Neighborhood. Actually On Second Thought I Really Can't.

Give Me A Break.

Back To The Topic, I Was In The Heritage Area This Past Weekend. Looks To Be A Huge Development, But It Seems Like They Have Done Some Good Planning To Provide A Lot Of Ammenities To Those Who Chose To Live In That Community.
Lol!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary