Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 12:37 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times

Advertisements

New Indian restaurant in Durham! Right next to Eastern Lights on University. Curious to know if you have any reviews. I just googled and discovered that the owner used to be a chef at Bombay Grille, which was my favorite Indian restaurant until their food grade scores began to plummet. That's recent so perhaps his departure is why.

Might try it tomorrow and will report back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 01:01 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
I haven't been, but I'd love to hear what you think of it, Scorp. Be sure to give us a review!

Old 06-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Update - this place is fantastic! It surpasses Bombay Grill for me, which is good since he used to be their chef. They give you a basket of naan at the table and have a fairly large weekend buffet. I give it 2 thumbs up! I'd say it's now my favorite. Really great chicken tikka masala.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:33 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Update - this place is fantastic! It surpasses Bombay Grill for me, which is good since he used to be their chef. They give you a basket of naan at the table and have a fairly large weekend buffet. I give it 2 thumbs up! I'd say it's now my favorite. Really great chicken tikka masala.
I love chicken tikka masala so I've going to have to give this place a try. Thanks for the review.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 PM

106 posts, read 159,173 times
I'd like to echo the others here who have great things to say about Taste of India. The food is really fresh, the spices well balanced, and the servings ample.

We haven't eaten in the restaurant yet, we're more into take out, but the buffet looks great, so we'll definitely be checking it out soon.

I'm particularly crazy about the Masala Dosa, and my husband discovered the magic of vindaloo from T of I, and is now hooked. You can really taste the individual spices, without them being overwhelming. No scrimping on the flavors in this restaurant!

Also, because we take out, we are given a 15% discount, which I really appreciate, but at the same time, I can tell that business is still a bit slow, so I try to pay it back in my tip. I really want Taste of India to succeed, we need great Indian here in Durham! Heck, for Indian food lovers, it's worth the drive from anywhere in the Triangle, IMO!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:22 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,380 times
Excellent. looking forward to trying it out!

I swear by Saffron in Morrisville....excellent buffet and dirt cheap!!! The dinner menu (traditional, not buffet) is even better!

Old 11-24-2008, 02:26 PM

I go to this place (Taste of India) ALL THE TIME now. It's consistently delicious. I always get the buffet and have never had anything bad. Plus they give you a basket of naan at your table.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Excellent. looking forward to trying it out!

I swear by Saffron in Morrisville....excellent buffet and dirt cheap!!! The dinner menu (traditional, not buffet) is even better!
Taste of India is quite good. My wife and I go there when we want really good Indian food and don't want to drive too far.

When we want really, REALLY good, we go to Saffron for dinner. Yum! Saffron ranks among the very best Indian food we've had anywhere in the country, and great atmosphere to boot.

If I only I could secret them away from Mo-ville and up to Durham. :-) (Actually, it's all good; my wife works in the Park so I'll sometimes meet her down there for dinner in the evenings.)

Old 11-24-2008, 09:21 PM

319 posts, read 1,478,824 times
I tried Saffron in Morrisville on Saturday for their lunch buffet. It's pretty good. They gave a basket of naan at the table. It was piping hot. They gave me a 10% coupon to use on my next trip. The one in Greensboro seems to have a larger weekend buffet than the Morrisville location. The chicken tikka masala was spot on! I was hoping for some samosas.

I will have to try out the buffet at Taste of India on the weekend.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:44 AM

862 posts, read 3,549,335 times
We love Taste of India too. It's better than other Indian food we've had in NJ and NC. I just find that it isn't the best for families of young kids due to the large amount of glass (and a candle too) at the table so takeout is better for us unless me and dh are out on a date. It has a nice upscale atmosphere. They are also a bit on the pricier side so we'll save this spot for special ocassions, but the food is worth it.

(Just a note for CDers, they don't serve alcohol and I doubt if they want you to bring your own.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary