Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Wow. I don't even know what to recommend in N. Raleigh. I have to agree with the other recommendation of Wake Forest. Or you might look into Bedford although I'd "test the waters" first since Bedford folks seem to be a different breed IMO.
Ok...now you have me curious...why are the Bedford folks a "different breed"???

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 05:35 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,074 times
I was wondering that myself. hmmmm

Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 AM

8 posts, read 54,878 times
I would suggest that you try the Quail Hollow area. It is older than the Thorpshire and Durant Trails area, but in a good way. Young families are moving into the area are renovating the homes there. The property value has also increased since the new North Hills shopping center (which has everything you need nearby). The schools in this area are wonderful. Depending on where you are in Quail Hollow, you could be assigned to Douglas, Brooks, Green, or Root Elementary; Carroll or Daniels Middle School; and Sanderson, Millbrook, or Broughton High Schools. Broughton High School is also an IB school... which means that it offers the highest level of classes. The good thing about these schools is that none are year-round (unlike the Durant schools where both elementary and middle schools are year-round). In addition, the North Hills Club is SUCH a fun place to hang out. It also has just been renovated, and is a GREAT place to take the kids. Quail Hollow Drive is located between Six Forks and Falls of the Neuse Rd. If you can get to Quail Hollow Drive, you can turn off of anywhere and find great homes. Good Luck!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:39 AM

121 posts, read 410,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
Thanks for asking the question Vicki. After looking at over 30+ neighborhoods, we just bought in Bedford. I would love to know how I need to be and act to fit in there. Now I am worried, I didn't think I was a different breed back in MA, but now I guess I am. Oh my!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:27 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,547,845 times
do an MLS search and look in the 27614 area code - that will put you in the area being discussed. Or you can drive up six forks road when you get off 540 and start driving down streets/subdivisions off of six forks road (north of 540) eg: pleasant union church rd, durant road, honeycutt, and brassfield roads. There are also some really nice neighborhoods tucked in between the way-over-the-top ($$$) neighborhoods off of possum track and raven ridge. Note: six forks turns into possum track if you keep going straight when it takes a 90degree turn left. I also noticed there were some nice neighborhoods off of strickland between six forks and falls of the neuse...older neighborhoods might meet your price range.

One of my favorite neighborhoods which seem to be a great value are the "spice" roads - oregano, paprika, etc. I don't believe they have a pool - the houses seem to be built before the age of HOA & neighborhood pools. I like the houses because they are small houses on large lots with huge potential. I am actually surprised this area hasn't started to become a tear down/rebuild. I rarely see houses for sale though. Perhaps that is why. good luck and happy driving around! also note: the neighborhood schools (brassfield, pleasant union) are year round elementary.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,579,467 times
I look at Bedford as the folks who really want to live in Cary but have to stay in N. Raleigh.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM

43,281 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
I was wondering that myself. hmmmm

Pedigrees, I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwannabe2 View Post
Thanks for asking the question Vicki. After looking at over 30+ neighborhoods, we just bought in Bedford. I would love to know how I need to be and act to fit in there. Now I am worried, I didn't think I was a different breed back in MA, but now I guess I am. Oh my!
Well, heck, I have you totally prejudged already. You "different breeds" stick out like a couple of shih tzus at a pit bull convention.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:26 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I look at Bedford as the folks who really want to live in Cary but have to stay in N. Raleigh.
Ha ha ha! Then you have not been told that Cary stands for Can't Afford Raleigh YET!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary