Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2007, 10:12 AM

6 posts, read 23,220 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if there are any competitive soccer clubs in the Raleigh area. We may be moving from TX, and both of my sons (16 and 13) play competitive soccer here in the Dallas area. Please advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2007, 10:55 AM

842 posts, read 3,229,743 times
Cary is home to the Carolina Courage, a Women´s United Soccer Association team (WUSA). They play in the SAS Soccer Park, just recently built.

The schedule may give you an idea of what goes on there...
http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/soccerpark/soccerschedule.htm (broken link)

Old 01-16-2007, 11:01 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirada View Post
I would like to know if there are any competitive soccer clubs in the Raleigh area. We may be moving from TX, and both of my sons (16 and 13) play competitive soccer here in the Dallas area. Please advice.
CASL (Capital Area Soccer League). You should be able to access the group from US Soccer

Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 6,949 times
Default Goldstar Soccer Club

This is a great club in wake county Goldstar Soccer Club - goldstarsc.org

Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirada View Post
The Capital Area Soccer league was brand new when my family moved to Raleigh in 1974. I can't quite remember the name of my team but the uniform was white.
CASL quickly grew large and I have heard numbers in excess of 25,000 kids playing in it. This is, of course, in addition to the area's other leagues, schools, etc. The Triangle is a hot bed of soccer interest with the very top level of college play happening for both the men and women (especially) at UNC, NCSU and Duke. The entire ACC is very strong.

So, in the end, it's not going to be whether your kids can play soccer, it's going to about which option(s) to choose and how much stamina you have as soccer parents!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:30 AM

66 posts, read 337,294 times
Actually the Women's United Soccer Association sadly ended in 2003 (they are in the process of relaunching, but our area is not included in this). So, the Courage has not been playing at SAS since 2003. Soccer is still a hotbed, with very competitive clubs, high schools and college teams. As far as competitive soccer leagues for kids, there are many... the largest in the Raleigh area is CASL. To find out about more clubs, check out this soccer forum for NC NC-Soccer Forum

Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 AM

66 posts, read 337,294 times
Forgot to add this link... Welcome to NCYSA! (http://www.ncsoccer.org/index.asp - broken link) click on whatever level your child plays (challenge or classic) and check out the Current Schedule section to get an idea of the number of the clubs. Hope this helps.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:56 AM

306 posts, read 1,306,509 times
The Carolina Railhawks are a USL team based in Cary. They are having soccer tryouts for women in December and for men in February. Under-18's can apply with parental permission. Carolina RailHawks - Home

They are also having tryouts for dancers.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpea View Post
The Carolina Railhawks are a USL team based in Cary. They are having soccer tryouts for women in December and for men in February. Under-18's can apply with parental permission. Carolina RailHawks - Home

They are also having tryouts for dancers.
Soccer Dancers???? Wow! We didn't have those back in my day when we had to walk uphill 8 miles in the snow both ways to soccer practice....just kidding

Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
CASL is where you'd want to go. They would be the equal of a club like the Dallas Texans which you are probably familiar with. There are tons of good clubs in TX. It's not really like that here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary