Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2006, 08:04 AM

49 posts, read 231,996 times

Advertisements

Let me first thank all of you who contribute to this forum....your insight has been very helpful.

I am looking to move to the Raleigh area in the next year and would like to know more about Wendell-Knightdale area. A little about me...I'll be relocating from Dayton, OH (a tanking, but affordable housing market). I am considering the Wendell area because it seems more affordable than most everything else in Raleigh. I've been reading quite alot about the growth planned for the area, but would like your perspectives on living in Wendell. I will likely work in DT Raleigh, but am looking in RTP as well...will I be in a snarl of traffic everyday? Will the completion of 540 help? Anything you can share is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2006, 07:09 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,597 times
It will be very beneficial to use 540 to get to RTP, but not the downtown area. You will get alot more home for your money out in the Wendell or knoghtdale area. It is a very growing area. I do not live in Wendell, I live in Raleigh. It is an area that has that is only continue to grow,and one day will be just as expensive. Good Luck to you. You need to plan a visit to see the area yourself.

Regards,
Debbie

Old 09-29-2006, 07:19 PM

505 posts, read 2,541,898 times
540 will help you people in wendell big time to get to RTP. Your drive downtown will also be ok. Not because of 540 but because of the bypass around knightdale. The east side of Raleigh is just waiting to explode! I would say this is the area you will make some big time money off of real esate. Once 540 is finished, this area will really take off. Combine that with the knightdale bypass and the south end of the 540 loop(future) and you have the recipe for a major boom!

This is no joke, I think this is the area to buy! Hold on to your house for about 5 years....and boom. lol

One of these towns will turn into the next Cary. probably knightdale though. What do the rest of you think?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:23 PM
JRS

12 posts, read 63,517 times
Default Interesting

We might add Knightdale to our trip next week - we were going to keep our sights on Cary but Knightdale sounds up and coming.
I want to know more!

Anyone else considering Knightdale? Do you think it will be relocated folks friendly kind of place that Cary is?

Old 10-04-2006, 09:20 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
I've sold a few homes in the Knightdale area and also a couple of townhouses at a new community. All those communities have increased in value in the last year. As soon as the bypass came in, seems like prices jumped. Knightdale is a nice small town, no malls but quite a bit of strip malls popping up. A very new area just opened with a Super Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and other stores similar. Wake County has a brand new high school there, as well, which I've heard good things about. Vicki

Old 10-10-2006, 12:40 PM

314 posts, read 1,036,702 times
Knightdale is going to grow more than anywhere. It will never be a cary but it is the next best suburb. Lots of new shoppign centers and with 540 and the 64 bypass it will be about 1/3rd closed in by highway making it acessable to anywhere in minutes. Its about a 20 minute straight shot down 64 business into downtown raleigh.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:54 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,519 times
Our realtor took us to Knightdale and checked out several homes. We liked the area: shopping, closer to downtown, house pricing and more. She also took us to several other towns, like Holly Springs, Wake Forest, Cary, Clayton, etc.

We chose Knightdale and Clayton as our final picks. As we got back home, we did extensive research on Knightdale and Clayton. We made the decision to go with Clayton mainly because of school rating. Clayton have a better school rating than Knightdale. If my children were grown and out of our nest, of course I would chose Knightdale.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,007 times
Default Relocating/ Starting a daycare business

I am looking at land to purchase in Wendell - Knightdale I want to relocate from Rhode Island to NC . I have a up and running home daycare I would like to achive this in the new area. what are the options and or possibilities in Wendell or Knightdale ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary