Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:18 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,774,795 times

Advertisements

I'm a Libra, so I have the ability to swing in either direction!

Sorry, just thought I would throw in some light hearted witticism. I'll go back to my corner now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM

251 posts, read 1,140,908 times
LOL!!!

That's one wonderful thing people around the world share no matter their differences: laughter!

Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 PM

135 posts, read 784,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob View Post
What's ironic is that NC has all of those...and Raleigh has all but the first one.
Actually, there is a place downtown known as "the book store" LOL. ... and I'll just leave it at that.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,396,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
Wake County generally much more balanced to me than Manhattan, with conservative pockets and (smaller) liberal pockets. I would agree that Wake on net leans slightly right, but I don't think a liberal would feel as out of place in Wake as a conservative would in NYC. And, as with everything, a lot depends on which neighborhood you choose -- ITB is going to be a lot different than Fuquay-Varina might.
Exactly...lumping Inside-the-Beltline (ITB) Raleigh with the outer parts of Wake County is completely crazy in terms of liberal/conservative issues, gay-friendliness, etc. They're two different worlds.

In fact, you could probably say the same for the Triangle as a whole.
There's a more progressive Triangle that includes ITB Raleigh, Chapel Hill, most of Durham, Carrboro, and parts of Hillsborough.
There's a more conservative Triangle that would include the outlying towns of Wake County (like Fuquay, Wake Forest, Wendell, etc), almost all of Johnston County, and the northern edges of Orange & Durham counties.
And there are areas that just sorta fall "in between"...like North Raleigh, most of Cary/Apex, and Chatham County.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:51 AM

6 posts, read 15,686 times
Default interracial tolerance?

We're an interracial couple with two kids, ages 16 and 11. We'd like to move to N.C. Are there some cities/areas more tolerant and open minded of interracial families? Are there some cities/areas to avoid? How would you rate the Raleigh area versus Charlotte area on this issue? Any advice appreciated.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:25 AM

54 posts, read 358,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloie99 View Post
We're an interracial couple with two kids, ages 16 and 11. We'd like to move to N.C. Are there some cities/areas more tolerant and open minded of interracial families? Are there some cities/areas to avoid? How would you rate the Raleigh area versus Charlotte area on this issue? Any advice appreciated.
It saddens me that in this day and age you have to ask this question?

Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM

11 posts, read 28,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Not all Christians are anti-gay!

Conservative Christians and Conservative Jews, for example, would not be amenable to gay marriage,

while Liberal Christians and Liberal Jews would be...
and, not all conservatives would be intolerant or rude.

It is painful for me as a Christian to see Christians (and only Christians, not Muslims, or Jews, or Hindus ) constantly labeled as haters!!!!!
AMEN to that Amigo !!

The TRUE teachings of Christ are that of acceptance, tolerance, patience and love !! Spread the message......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary