U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 AM

443 posts, read 998,403 times

Advertisements

Thanks to the last two posters, however I am always wary of recommendations from one poster who posted 10 posts in the last two days with one line replies, and then a lengthy post of how great Mathnasium is ( the Mathnasium of Cary Park in bold). Rldcarolina - same thing. This is the second time I have tried to get opinions about a Mathnasium location and both times have had suspicious posts recommending the franchise - albeit in two different locations
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 02:23 PM

372 posts, read 555,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des1rees View Post
Thanks to the last two posters, however I am always wary of recommendations from one poster who posted 10 posts in the last two days with one line replies, and then a lengthy post of how great Mathnasium is ( the Mathnasium of Cary Park in bold). Rldcarolina - same thing. This is the second time I have tried to get opinions about a Mathnasium location and both times have had suspicious posts recommending the franchise - albeit in two different locations

So sorry you felt my post was suspecious. I can assure you it was not. I have been looking & using city-data for about a year now & NEVER commented. I had such a positive experience with the Cary Park location that I wanted to express that.

However, although I clicked "yes" to the terms I overlooked the part about having to have 10 posts prior to giving your opinion on something. The moderator sent me a private msg, and still a bit confused I altered my post a bit, and reposted it. It was pulled down again. I sent the moderator a private msg. and was alerted to the rule I overlooked.

So, I "got with the program" and started, over the next two days making comments, not giving an opinion, to other posts that interested me, until I hit the magic #10 in posts.

I then went and posted my original, with some additional info I was able to recall over the two days since I posted it last, and well, there you have it.

Also, the only reason I have the name in BOLD, is that they are both in Cary and the original post, I believe was talkinfg in general about a Cary location, nowhere specific.

Hope this helps-

Carmela

Old 03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

11,151 posts, read 9,502,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmela C View Post
So sorry you felt my post was suspecious. I can assure you it was not. I have been looking & using city-data for about a year now & NEVER commented. I had such a positive experience with the Cary Park location that I wanted to express that.
The fact remains that you joined up for the express purpose of recommending this establishment and only made the 10 intervening posts in order to be able to do so. Unfortunately, that's going to make most people question your motives .....

Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 PM

476 posts, read 887,262 times
Understandable points of views, but there is usually one compelling issue discussed that FINALLY makes us each want to sign up and speak up...

I read the boards for a long time before I was compelled to post. Now I just can't seem to stop myself. Is there a Recovering C-D Poster's program? "Hi, My user name is..."

As for Mathnasium, ceili723 & des1rees should give that free assessment/trial (?) a shot and then let US know what YOU think!

HA! Just got "My Neighborhood Saver" (colored coupon mag) today and on the back is a coupon for a free assessment. Expires 4/30!

Last edited by brooks2007; 03-12-2010 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: chane trial week to assessment? Not sure what is offered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary